Aggie Daily Calendar

MONDAY

Native American Culture days

On-campus

Look for posters throughout Davis and the Cross Cultural Center for events from today through Saturday.

Public Health Week Symposium

5 to 7:45 p.m.

Genome Building Auditorium

Check out the start of Public Health Week, with guest speakers who will address topics such as “Promoting Health through Healthy Communties,” “International and Community Nutrition” and much more.

Project Compost

6 p.m.

43 Memorial Union

Attend the Project Compost volunteer meetings and learn how you can help them divert organic waste around a campus.

Sigma Nu Rush: Game Night

6 p.m.

525 Oxford Circle

Head on over to Sigma Nu and watch the championship game with the brothers.

Loxi Rush: Sit-in Meeting and Speed Dating

8 p.m.

Wellman 216

Go check out how the lovely ladies of Lambda Omicron Xi – a community service sorority – operate during a meeting! “Speed Dating” will follow to get to know the sisters better! Visit Davisloxi.net for more info.

Delta Lambda Phi Rush: Pizza Night

7 p.m.

Woodstock’s, 219 G St.

Get to know the brothers of Delta Lambda Phi – fraternity for gay, bisexual or progressive men – over slices of pizza.

TUESDAY

Sigma Nu Rush 2010 Football and BBQ

5:30 p.m.

525 Oxford Circle (next to Cuarto dorms)

Join the brothers of Sigma Nu for a BBQ and a game against the powder puff champions, the lovely ladies of Kappa Alpha Theta.

Delta Lambda Phi Rush: Mixer

7 p.m.

563 Villanova Dr.

Stop by for a night of fun with DLP! Meet the brothers, enjoy snacks and refreshments and learn more about the fraternity. The brothers of Alpha Epsilon Pi and the sisters of Delta Gamma will be in attendance.

WEDNESDAY

Sigma Nu Rush: Beach Cookout

6:30 p.m.

525 Oxford Circle

Chill with the brothers and the lovely ladies of Kappa Kappa Gamma. Free food!

Poetry Night with Allegra Silberstein

8 p.m.

Bistro 33, 226 F St.

Listen to Davis poet laureate Allegra Silberstein read her poetry at the Bistro.

The Pink Party

10:30 p.m.

KetMoRee, 238 G St.

The Pink-A-Live club has their annual breast cancer fundraiser. Go dressed in pink and dance the night away to support the Susan G. Komen foundation.

Delta Lambda Phi Rush: Info Night

7 p.m.

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual Transgender Resource Center

Stop by the LGBTRC to learn more about our organization in our Q-and-A information session. Find out who we are, have your questions answered and have fun!

THURSDAY

Careers in the Humanities and Social Sciences?

5 p.m.

126 Voorhies?

Hear from professionals in Journalism, Publishing, Marketing and Education about how you can market your degree in the Humanities and Social Sciences. They did it. You can too!

Sigma Nu Rush: Meet and Greet Bonfire

7:30 p.m.?

525 Oxford Circle

Hang out with the brothers of Sigma Nu for an informational night about the fraternity.

Delta Lambda Phi Rush: Bowling Night

7 p.m.

MU Games Area

Bond with the brothers of DLP over a fun game of bowling! Meet the guys and play with balls – it’ll be fabulous.

To receive placement in the AGGIE DAILY CALENDAR, e-mail dailycal@theaggie.org or stop by 25 Lower Freeborn by noon the day prior to your event. Due to space constraints, all event descriptions are subject to editing, and priority will be given to events that are free of charge and geared toward the campus community.