Women’s Tennis Preview

Teams: UC Davis vs. Pacific

Records: Aggies 9-8; Tigers 6-10

Where: Hal Nelson Tennis Courts – Stockton, Calif.

When: Tuesday at 11 a.m.

Who to watch: Dahra Zamudio picked up the team’s only individual win on Tuesday.

The Orange, Calif. native has earned victories in eight of her last nine singles appearances.

Did you know? The Aggies are guaranteed to finish the season again with a winning home record, continuing the streak that dates back to 2006. They ended last year with a 6-5 mark.

Preview: Their chemistry can no longer be used as an excuse.

After the full roster competed in the last five consecutive matches, the Aggies (9-8) are in control of their own destiny.

Davis embarks on the last road trip of the season before the Big West Conference Tournament and they know the level of effort and attitude it will take for them to end the year on a successful note.

The Aggies are coming off a home loss against Cal State Northridge, but the implications of the match translate to more than just a mark in the loss column.

Their loss to the Matadors ended an improbable run of seven straight wins as they fell 6-1 on Tuesday.

The slipup to Cal State Northridge not only gave UC Davis its first home defeat, but it once again put it below the .500 mark in conference play at 2-3.

The Aggies are facing an opponent all too familiar on Saturday against the Tigers (6-10).

Although Pacific has struggled this year, it got the best of the UC Davis last season when the Tigers won the matchup 5-2.

Zamudio and Herzyl Legaspi were the only current players to earn wins in singles or doubles play last year.

Zamudio was the also the lone player on the Aggies squad to tally a singles win against Cal State Northridge as she defeated her Matador opponent in two sets, 7-5 and 6-0.

The Aggies have one last league matchup against UC Irvine before the conference event, but need a victory over the Tigers to ensure a .500 conference record.

– Marcos Rodriguez