Aggie Daily Calendar

TODAY

Davis Community Church Service

7 to 8 p.m.

Davis Community Church, Fifth and C streets

Listen to a Christian service in the style of Taize monastery with a simple chant and silence to bring the community together.

SATURDAY

38th Annual UC Davis Pow Wow

9 a.m.

Pavilion

Join the Native American Student Union’s annual Pow Wow to honor their elders. This event is open to the public.

Arboretum Water-Wise Garden Plant Sale

9 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Arboretum Teaching Nursery, Garrod Drive

Enhance your garden with hundreds of beautiful spring plants.

“Healthy Minds Across America” NARSAD Symposia Day

1 to 4 p.m.

UCD M.I.N.D Institute, 2825 50th St., Sacramento

Join the UC Davis Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences and learn about the current state of mental health research and important developments.

The Spokes with Oxford University’s Out of the Blue Concert

7 p.m.

Delta of Venus, 122 B St.

Head on over for an international night of a cappella music. Featuring England’s award winning all-male group, Out of the Blue, and UC Davis’s all-female group, the Spokes!

MONDAY

Project Compost

6 p.m.

43 Memorial Union

Attend the Project Compost volunteer meetings and learn how you can help them divert organic waste around campus.

Southeast Asian Graduation Meeting

6 to 7 p.m.

South Hall Conference Room

Join a passionate group of students working to celebrate the achievements of graduating Southeast Asian students through an intimate cultural ceremony for the Southeast Asian community.

TUESDAY

The Spokes A Cappella Auditions

7 p.m.

194 Chemistry

Audition for the only all-female a cappella group on campus! Go prepared with part of an unaccompanied song and a smile!

Cupcake Eating Contest

12 p.m.

Memorial Union Patio

Come to the MU Patio to watch a cupcake eating contest for Picnic Day Pre-week. There will be prizes and cupcakes given away!

To receive placement in the AGGIE DAILY CALENDAR, e-mail dailycal@theaggie.org or stop by 25 Lower Freeborn by noon the day prior to your event. Due to space constraints, all event descriptions are subject to editing, and priority will be given to events that are free of charge and geared toward the campus community.