Men’s Tennis Preview

Teams: UC Davis vs. Nevada

Records: Aggies, 8-11; Wolf Pack, 7-7

Where: Caughlin Club – Reno, Nevada.

When: Sunday at 1 p.m.

Who to watch: Senior Nic Amaroli will be playing in his last regular season contest of his four-year career.

Going into this final contest, the Hillsborough, Calif. native has won 19 singles and 28 doubles matches in his Aggie career.

Did you know? UC Davis has a three-game losing streak against Nevada spanning the last three years.

Preview: This Sunday will be a regular day for many students.

They will wake up late, socialize and come nighttime, realize they should do their homework.

For three of those students, Sunday will be very different.

The regular season finale against Nevada will be the last time Amaroli, Hunter Lee and Tyler Lee all get an opportunity to help the Aggies get a victory.

This contest marks the end of a season that had plenty of ups and downs for the Aggies. This is because some players spent a large part of the season trying to find themselves.

The team started off the year with a respectable 4-2 record before a six-contest losing streak put them off track.

However, all they needed was a little time off.

Since spring break, the Aggies have gone 4-3 as each contest has taken place on their home court.

Although the team is improving, their home stand ended with a 7-0 defeat against UC Irvine.

UC Davis will look to finish strong as the regular season comes to a close.

Momentum will be key as the Aggies head into the Big West Conference Tournament in Indian Wells, Calif. starting on Apr. 30.

When the tournament comes to an end, Amaroli and the Lee twins will each be finished with their four years as a part of the tennis team.

Even though the Aggies will lose three of their top seven players at the season’s end, some of their core players will be coming back for more experience.

Freshmen Toki Sherbakov and Connor Coates have each had undeniably successful seasons on the court.

In addition, junior Nick Lopez now has an entire year as No. 1 under his belt to use to his advantage next season.

– Zander Wold