Aggie Daily Calendar

TODAY

Gardening Party at the Tri-Co-ops

11 a.m.

Tri-Co-Ops

Join the Students for Sustainable Agriculture in honor of gathering public awareness about real food during “Real Food Week.”

Davis Open Science’s Open Access Talk

11 a.m. to noon

Chucklesworth Room, Storer

Head on over to Davis Open Science’s first talk by Michael Eisen, the co-founder of the Public Library of Science open access journal.

Project Compost

6 p.m.

43 Memorial Union

Attend the Project Compost volunteer meetings and learn how you can help them divert organic waste around campus.

Southeast Asian Graduation Meeting

6 to 7 p.m.

South Hall Conference Room

Join a passionate group of students working to celebrate the achievements of graduating Southeast Asian students through an intimate cultural ceremony for the Southeast Asian community.

TUESDAY

Reading by Whitey Erickson

8 p.m.

126 Voorhies

Listen to local writer and performer Whitey Erickson give a reading of select chapters from his forthcoming novel.

Free Screening of Children in the Fields

7 to 9 p.m.

1006 Giedt

Watch Children in the Fields with the Students for Sustainable Agriculture in honor of gathering public awareness about real food during “Real Food Week.”

WENDESDAY

Wellness World Fair

11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.

East Quad

Explore the seven wonders of wellness with HEP and over 20 other different campus departments and organizations.

Bistro 33 Poetry Night: Patrick Grizzell

8 p.m.

Bistro 33, 226 F St.

Listen to local poet, songwriter and visual artist Patrick Grizzell during Bistro 33’s Poetry Night Reading Series.

Production of Some Things Are Private

8 p.m.

Main Theater, Wright

See this surreal docu-drama addressing photographer Sally Mann’s controversial nude pictures of her young children taken in the early 1990s.

THURSDAY

Meat Lab Sale

1 to 5 p.m.

Cole C Facility

The UC Davis Meat Lab offers sales that are open to the public every Thursday and Friday afternoon. Cash and check are accepted only.

Biomedical Engineering Seminar

4 p.m.

1005 Genome and Biomedical Science Facility

The department of biomedical engineering cordially invites you to attend their next seminar by Dr. David Fyhrie on the topic of bone quality and osteoporosis.

Classical Guitar Show

7:30 to 9:30 p.m.

Davis Odd Fellows Lodge Hall, 415 Second St.

Listen to some unique classical guitar by Matthew Grasso and Elizabeth Busch. Admission is free.

Production of Some Things Are Private

8 p.m.

Main Theater, Wright

To receive placement in the AGGIE DAILY CALENDAR, e-mail dailycal@theaggie.org or stop by 25 Lower Freeborn by noon the day prior to your event. Due to space constraints, all event descriptions are subject to editing, and priority will be given to events that are free of charge and geared toward the campus community.