Men’s Golf Preview

Event: The Prestige at PGA West

Where: La Quinta, Calif.

When: Sunday through Tuesday, all day

Who to watch: Freshman Matt Hansen has a pleasantly successful fall season for the Aggies.

The Los Osos, Calif. native earned Big West Conference Golfer of the Month honors for the month of September. He posted a three under 69 in the first round at the Husky Tournament in the month. He went on to finish in the top 10 at the competitive event.

His 69 at the Husky Tournament tied for UC Davis’ best score of the month.

Did you know? The Aggies have three more tournaments this fall before taking a four-month break between November and February.

Preview: It’s just a couple weeks into the season, and the Aggies already have two top 10 finishes.

UC Davis finished ninth at the Husky Invitational in Washington and tenth at the Windon Memorial Classic. The Aggies will look to continue this trend at the Prestige at PGA West this weekend.

The Aggies set their top three scores for the season at the Husky Invitational. UC Davis’ current best score is a 288.

Hansen has found his place on the roster, accounting three of the top eight single round scores for UC Davis this season. Junior Tyler Raber has also had a strong season. Raber is tied for the team lead in single-round score with a 69.

UC Davis, who is co-hosting the event along with Stanford, will be pitted up against some of the top golfing competition in the nation.

– Jason Alpert