Women’s Soccer Preview

Teams: UC Davis vs. UC Riverside; vs. Long Beach State

Records: Aggies 6-9-1 (1-5); Highlanders 1-13-2 (0-6); 49ers 11-4-2 (4-1-1)

Where: Aggie Soccer Field

When: Friday at 2 p.m., Sunday at 1 p.m.

Who to watch: Samantha Faber will be the only Aggie honored this Sunday for senior day.

The Moraga, Calif. native has started every game this year and leads the team in shots and shots on goal. The penalty-kicking specialist has also scored the game-winning goal twice, including a 1-0 win over the San Francisco Dons on Sept. 24.

Did you know? Despite missing four games of the season due to injury, sophomore Allison Kelly is still the team’s lead scorer with five goals.

The native of Sacramento, Calif. played in her first game in a month last weekend. Though she didn’t score, her presence is a welcome relief. With two games left in the season, Kelly has a chance to end the season in the same fashion she started.

Preview: Though this year has been an unlucky one, the Aggies know they have reason to be happy.

“We’ve been a little snake-bit this year,” said coach Maryclaire Robinson. “We have yet to find a way to put together a full 90 minutes. We certainly have got the fight in us. I like the fight, the energy and how we’re connecting as a team.”

A struggling UC Riverside team and a dominant Long Beach State bunch await the Aggies, who currently have only one Big West Conference win.

Though the Aggies have not fared well within the league, neither has UC Riverside as the Highlanders have yet to win a game in conference.

Long Beach State is a different story in conference play, however. The 49ers only loss in the Big West was at the hands of UC Irvine – a team that gave the Aggies a 6-0 beating.

Still, UC Davis has one more shot to put it all together this weekend as they take on these two teams. Robinson does, however, wish they had more.

“We only get two more games,” said Robinson. “It would be fun if we had 10 more games, but we only have two. We have one more weekend for us.”

– Matt Wang