Online: UC Davis students. Y’all be lookin’ fly.

A new electronic way for college students to flirt with one another is sweeping the country. Simply state your location, describe the person you’re looking at and let the anonymous flirting begin.

The website, likealittle.com, developed by Evan Reas, a graduate from Stanford’s Graduate School of Business, and his fellow co-founders Prasanna Sankaranarayanan and Shubham Mittal, has spread to over 400 college campuses across the United States and to a few schools internationally since its debut on Oct. 27, 2010.

Access to likealittle.com is completely free. All a user requires is an e-mail address from his or her college in order to post comments on the school’s page. Viewing of the posts is open to all Internet users.

For example: “At Late Night Tercero D.C.: Male, black hair. I met you at the waffle maker area. You be lookin’ hella fly with your matching teal cap and black/teal Jordans. I liked the way you spread that butter on your waffles, maybe we can spread some butter on each other some time,” read one post from Tuesday night.

While the site can provide hours of uninterrupted entertainment, the site does not aim to be another way for students to procrastinate.

“The main goal is for the site to be interactive. We love hearing about people making friends or starting relationships through interactions on the site,” said Evan Reas, CEO and co-founder of the website.

The goal of the site is to create an atmosphere where people feel comfortable interacting with others in a way that they might not have normally, Reas said.

To ensure anonymity, each user is assigned a random fruit name when he or she posts a comment. For each new thread, a new name is assigned.

The uniqueness of the site is in the anonymity of the users, said Sam Sugarman, a sophomore biological sciences engineering major and one of the four administrators for the website’s UC Davis chapter. The lack of identity allows shy or timid individuals to express feelings they would not normally divulge.

Due to the nature of the site, administrators for each school scan the posts and delete any that are deemed bullying, sexual harassment, sexist or abusive in tone. Students are also given this power to delete any comments they find overly vulgar or negative.

Feedback for the website has been very positive, with new colleges requesting to join the site daily.

Since its launch in November, the UC Davis chapter has been one of the most popular on the website, Sugarman said.

A chat option also will be coming to the site soon, Reas said. While names and identities will remain omitted, this new feature will allow students to chat with others in their vicinity.

KATIE LEVERONI can be reached at campus@theaggie.org.