Aggie Daily Calendar

TODAY

“What Can I Do With My Major?” Workshop

12:10 p.m.

234 South

Find out answers to often asked questions and learn to research careers to determine if a field is right for you.

Interview Basics Workshop

1:10 p.m.

229 South

Looking for a job or internship? Practice and learn about the different types of interviews, tips and strategies.

Party on Picnic Day? Informational Forum

4 to 6 p.m.

MU II, Memorial Union

Representatives from campus and student organizations will be presenting information to ensure responsible behavior on Picnic Day.

Film Showing: A Day Without a Mexican

7 p.m.

Cross Cultural Center

Learn about identity exploration with this movie viewing.

Stem Cells 101

8 to 9 p.m.

206 Olson

Listen to an introductory talk on stem cells and stem cell research by a postdoctorate who is actively involved at UC Davis Medical Center.

Seamoose Presents Funk Night

9 p.m.

Tacos and Beer, 715 Second St.

Seamoose is bringing a live funk night to Davis. Beers will be sold at $1 for those over 21 with a $3 cover.

THURSDAY

Challah for Hunger: Baking a Difference

11 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Quad

Try some delicious challah bread, with chocolate chip, rosemary and olive oil, Mayan and plain this week. Proceeds go to relief efforts in Darfur and the local food bank.

Job Search Tips for a Tough Economy

1 p.m.

114 South

Learn job search secrets from a professional with experience job searching in a recession.

Denial is not a River: Islam and Politics in the Middle East

8 p.m.

ARC Ballroom

Join Hamza Yusuf, co-founder of Zaytuna College, and Professor Sunaina Maira as they discuss the role of Islam and politics in the Middle East.

UC Davis ARE at Intel: A Conversation with Two Alumni

8 to 9 p.m.

2205 Haring

Listen to a discussion with two recent UC Davis alumni who are currently working at Intel.

Visions and Jhankaar Present: Bollywood Bonanza

9 to 10 p.m.

26 Wellman

Enjoy an evening of Bollywood music and dance performances, open mic karaoke and support education in South Asia.

FRIDAY

Taboo News and Corporate Media

7 p.m.

Sudwerk, 2001 Second St.

Sonoma State University Professor Peter Phillips will discuss how corporate media ignores valid news stories.

To receive placement in the AGGIE DAILY CALENDAR, e-mail dailycal@theaggie.org or stop by 25 Lower Freeborn by noon the day prior to your event. Due to space constraints, all event descriptions are subject to editing, and priority will be given to events that are free of charge and geared toward the campus community.