Women’s Lacrosse Preview

Teams: UC Davis vs. Denver

Records: Aggies 9-2 (1-1); Pioneers 3-9 (1-0) (Records as of Wednesday mid-day)

Where: Aggie Stadium

When: Sunday at noon

Who to watch: Senior Christina Corsa has been an offensive force for the Aggies this season.

The Danville, Calif. native has tallied 29 goals and 21 assists this season, good for second and first in the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation, respectively.

Corsa also leads the Aggies with three game-winning scores.

Did you know? One of the biggest wins in UC Davis history came over Denver.

The Aggies scored an upset win over the Pioneers in the 2009 MPSF quarterfinals at Stanford.

Preview: UC Davis will continue the final stretch of the season with a foe they are all too familiar with.

The Pioneers defeated the Aggies twice last season, including a 14-9 game in the MPSF Tournament that ended UC Davis’ season.

This year’s contest, however, features a key difference.

Last season, both matches occurred in Denver. This time around, the Aggies will have a chance to host the Pioneers.

While UC Davis is happy to have home-field advantage, it knows it does not have the best track record when facing Denver in Aggie Stadium. The Aggies have never beaten the Pioneers at home.

“I would always like to think of home field as an advantage, but we have never beaten them in Davis, so who knows,” said coach Elaine Jones. “That said, we go into every game thinking we’re going to win – home or away, it doesn’t matter.”

Regardless of location, the Aggies know that each of their final three games is vital to their chances of making the MPSF Tournament.

While the stakes may be high, Jones believes it is key to maintain stability in her team’s emotions.

“It’s about being sure not to stress [the players] out too much, but at the same time letting them know that this is important,” Jones said. “The team and coaching staff included have to find a balance. This stretch is very important, but we have to keep it in perspective.”

– Trevor Cramer