News in Brief: Student group to screen porno, star to come

If your relationship is a little rocky, watching porn could be the answer.

To facilitate this merriment, Sex Lust Un-Tamed is screening sections of Bong Load Girls in Sciences Lecture Hall 123 tomorrow night.

“Porn is a great way to communicate with partners and start relationships,” said Molly Russell, president of SLUT and a sophomore undeclared major. “We hope people will participate – not in the porno – but watch it and increase their communication with their partners.”

Doors will open at 7:30 p.m. and tickets are available at the Freeborn Hall ticket office for $5 until then. After 7:30 p.m. SLUT is charging $8 at the doors, and the film will start at 8 p.m. The event is open to anyone over age 18 with a valid identification card.

The film’s director and star, Rob Rotten, will also be present. Rotten is scheduled to hold a Question and Answer session after the movie.

“We are a sex charity club, so a lot of people have wondered what it’s like to be in the porn industry,” Russell said.

Rotten describes “Bong Load Girls” as a THC-infused head trip.

“It’s a five-scene vignette with stoner chicks in stoner situations,” he said in a press release. “There’s a lot of stoner humor, subliminal messages, psychedelic visuals, editing – there’s nothing else like it.”

SLUT will be screening the group’s favorite scenes, which do include explicit ones, Russell said.

In honor of the unofficial stoner’s holiday of April 20, SLUT is selling munchies at the event. All proceeds will be donated to San Francisco AIDS charities.

– Janelle Bitker