Aggie Daily Calendar

TODAY

UC Davis Bookstore Author Event

Noon to 1 p.m.

UC Davis Bookstore

Dr. Beth Rose Middleton, assistant professor of Native American studies, will speak about her new book, Trust in the Land: New Directions in Tribal Conservation. The talk will be followed by a question-and-answer session and a book signing.

“Why Are All the Latin@ Students Sitting Together in the Cafeteria?” Discussion

3 to 5 p.m.

Memorial Union Moss Room

Share experiences and learn about the process of building communities and relationships.

Blum Center For Developing Economies and D-Lab Lecture

3:10 to 4:30 p.m.

194 Chemistry

Author, inventor, entrepreneur and humanitarian Dr. Paul Polak presents his lecture “Designing For the Other 90 Percent: Poverty Alleviation and Invention.”

Breaking Down Our Bodies Workshop

4 to 6 p.m.

158 Olson

Explore and learn about the intersection of sexuality and self-image in the Chicana/Latina community.

What is Love Workshop III: Balancing School and Familia

5 to 7 p.m.

114 South Hall

Psychologists will speak about dealing with the difficulties students face throughout their college years.

Women of Color Poetry Night

7 to 10 p.m.

Griffin Lounge

Let voices, minds and souls be heard at this annual event. Anyone is welcome to participate on stage or in the audience.

Visions at UC Davis Karaoke Night

9 to 10 p.m.

115 Wellman

Support educational initiatives for youth affected by poverty and conflict in South Asia and enjoy karaoke and performances by campus a capella teams. Suggested admission is $2.

WEDNESDAY

UC Davis Chicana/o Studies Symposium Featuring the Magdalena Art Exhibit

Noon to 2 p.m.

Memorial Union, MUII

A discussion panel of UC Davis Chicana/o studies faculty and other speakers will acknowledge issues about the struggles of education. The art exhibit aims to pay homage to a great Chicana activist of the past through the work of student and community artists of today.

Piñata Workshop

4 to 6 p.m.

114 South Hall

Bring family and friends and learn how to make a traditional piñata.

Education for the Soul: Healthy Lifestyle Workshop

5 to 7 p.m.

5 Lower Freeborn

Enjoy an exciting yoga workshop and learn a variety of exercises to promote a healthy lifestyle.

Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous Meeting

7 to 8:30 p.m.

Davis Methodist Church, 1620 Anderson Rd.

Free yourself from excess weight and obsessive thoughts about food and body image. Meetings are based on the principles of Alcoholics Anonymous.

Noche De Estrellas

7 to 10 p.m.

Freeborn Hall

This talent show celebrates the many cultures of UC Davis and neighboring communities.

Asian American Association Film Festival

8 p.m.

194 Chemistry

Tonight’s film will be The House of Suh, a documentary about the one immigrant family’s tragic tale.

To receive placement in the AGGIE DAILY CALENDAR, e-mail dailycal@theaggie.org or stop by 25 Lower Freeborn by noon the day prior to your event. Due to space constraints, all event descriptions are subject to editing, and priority will be given to events that are free of charge and geared toward the campus community.