Aggie Daily Calendar

TODAY

Shinkoskey Noon Concert

12:05 p.m.

115 Music Building

Pianists at UC Davis will perform works by Rachmaninov, Beethoven, Ives, Falla, Schumann, Franck and Chopin.

Meat Lab Sale

1 to 5:30 p.m.

Cole C Facility

The UC Davis Meat Lab offers sales open to the public. Cash or check only.

Wilderness Medicine Club Meeting

6 p.m.

Meeting Room 1, Activities & Recreation Center

Dr. Ferguson from the Cowell Student Health Center will speak about preparing for international travel.

Is Everyone Stupid?

6 p.m.

Wyatt Pavilion

Spoken word performances are fused with personal stories, photographs, statistics and archival documents to challenge the mass acceptance of cultural norms and manifestations.

FRIDAY

Challah For Hunger

11 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Quad

Proceeds from sales of the homemade challah bread will be donated to charity. Flavors this week include cinnamon sugar, chocolate chip and tomato basil.

Student Co-op Open House

2:30 to 5 p.m.

UC Davis Tri-Cooperatives

Curious about the Co-ops? Stop by for a tour, talk and maybe some snacks. Co-op residents will also be gardening, for those interested in doing some work.

Apollo Night

7 p.m.

1002 Giedt

Kappa Alpha Psi, the Black Student Union and Black Intellectuals Graduating present amateur performers with a range of talents. See fellow students sing, dance, perform stand-up comedy and rap.

SATURDAY

Buscando los Raíces: Spanish-Language Tour of California Native Plants

11 a.m.

Wyatt Deck

The Arboretum Ambassadors, UC Davis Arboretum interns, will lead this special tour conducted entirely in Spanish. Participants will learn about California ecology and traditional uses of native plants. All ages are welcome.

Black Family Day

Noon to 6 p.m.

East Quad

Join the festivities and celebrate the 41st UC Davis Black Family Day. Live entertainment will include UC Davis alum and Def Jam poet Dahlak in addition to campus performers. Enjoy food, an alumni wine and jazz social, interview skills workshop and a children’s fair.

American Red Cross Volunteer Orientation

5 to 6:30 p.m.

118 Olson

Learn the ins and outs of being a Red Cross volunteer.

To receive placement in the AGGIE DAILY CALENDAR, e-mail dailycal@theaggie.org or stop by 25 Lower Freeborn by noon the day prior to your event. Due to space constraints, all event descriptions are subject to editing, and priority will be given to events that are free of charge and geared toward the campus community.