Aggie Daily Calendar

TODAY

Challah For Hunger

11 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Quad

Proceeds from sales of the homemade challah bread will be donated to charity. Flavors this week include almond joy, Nutella and rosemary and olive oil for $5 and plain for $4.

British Embassy Counselor for Global Issues Seminar

Noon to 1:30 p.m.

360 Shields Library

Join a discussion with Nick Bridge, Counselor for Global Issues at the British Embassy in Washington D.C., as he discusses UK and EU energy and climate change policy frameworks.

Shinkoskey Noon Concert

12:05 p.m.

115 Music Building

The Left Coast Chamber Ensemble with violinist Axel Strauss will perform Kurt Rohde’s Concertino for Violin and Small Ensemble, and One for speaking pianist, featuring Genevieve Lee.

Students for Justice in Palestine Art exhibit

Noon to 3 p.m.

Quad

Join Students for Justice in Palestine as they display an art exhibit representing the culture of Palestinians.

International House Potluck

6 p.m.

International House, 10 College Park

Wear national dress and bring a dish to share to this warm-up party to October’s International Festival. Entertainment will be provided by the Taiko Dawn drumming group, and an International Festival video will be made featuring those who attend the tonight’s event.

Botany and Environmental Horticulture Club Meeting

6:30 to 8 p.m.

3090 Science Lab Building

Tonight is Career Night, featuring local leaders and members of botany-related fields. Enjoy free pizza and a plant raffle.

UC Davis Film Festival

8:30 p.m.

Davis Varsity Theater. 616 Second St.

Graduate and undergraduate students share their original films, including comedy, drama, animation, documentaries and more. Films will be different than those shown on Wednesday. Tickets are $7 and available at the Davis Varsity Theater.

FRIDAY

Folk Music Jam Session

Noon to 1 p.m.

Wyatt Deck, UC Davis Arboretum

Folk musicians are invited to play together informally during an acoustic jam session. All skill levels welcome.

Meat Lab Sale

1 to 5:30 p.m.

Cole C Facility

The UC Davis Meat Lab offers sales that are open to the public. Cash and check only.

To receive placement in the AGGIE DAILY CALENDAR, e-mail dailycal@theaggie.org or stop by 25 Lower Freeborn by noon the day prior to your event. Due to space constraints, all event descriptions are subject to editing, and priority will be given to events that are free of charge and geared toward the campus community.