Aggie Daily Calendar

TODAY

UC Davis MFA Design Showcase

3 to 7 p.m.

Wright Hall Main Theater

Meet the designers and discuss their work for the stage and screen.

UC Davis Concert Band and Campus Band Concert

7 p.m.

Jackson Hall, Mondavi Center

The bands present Earth Songs, a musical salute to the biological, ecological and agricultural sciences, with a bit of bicycling thrown in. There will also be a pre-concert sciences exposition and performances by the American River Brass Quartet and dancers from Davis’ Peregrine School.

Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous Meeting

7 to 8:30 p.m.

Davis Methodist Church, 1620 Anderson Rd.

Free yourself from excess weight and obsessive thoughts about food and body image. Meetings are based on the principles of Alcoholics Anonymous.

Poetry Night Reading Series

8:30 p.m.

Bistro 33, 226 F St.

Dennis Schmitz, published poet of more than 40 years, will perform his original works. Arrive early to secure a seat and sign up for a spot on the open mic list.

THURSDAY

Meat Lab Sale

1 to 5:30 p.m.

Cole C Facility

The UC Davis Meat Lab offers sales that are open to the public every Thursday and Friday afternoon. Cash and check only.

Student Services and Fees Advisory Committee

3:10 to 4:30 p.m.

203 Mrak

The SSFAAC will discuss the UC Davis budget.

Sustainability Poetry Variety Show

4 p.m.

Turtle House, 217 2nd St.

Poets, musicians and other talented artists will perform outside on the front porch of the Turtle House on the theme of sustainability. Featured artists include author Spring Warren and poet Eskimo Pie.

Theater Auditions: Zona Rosa

5 to 10 p.m.

Wyatt Pavilion Theater

Sign up to audition for Zona Rosa, to be performed at Wyatt Pavilion Theater in October, in 101 Art or via e-mail to robinlgray@aol.com or kjconard@gmail.com. Auditions are open to the public.

UC Davis Symphony Orchestra Concert

7 p.m.

Jackson Hall, Mondavi Center

The orchestra will perform works by Beethoven, Bolanos and Strauss. Tickets are $8 for students and children and $12 for adults.

To receive placement in the AGGIE DAILY CALENDAR, e-mail dailycal@theaggie.org or stop by 25 Lower Freeborn by noon the day prior to your event. Due to space constraints, all event descriptions are subject to editing, and priority will be given to events that are free of charge and geared toward the campus community.