Aggie Daily Calendar

TODAY

Linux Users Group of Davis Meeting

7 to 9 p.m.

Yolo County Public Library Davis Branch, Blanchard Meeting Room, 315 E. 14th St.

Francisco Athens, an artist working on the open source game “Lips of Suna,” will present a talk entitled “FOSS Gaming: A Community Dedicated to Fun for Everyone!” He will discuss how artists and musicians can contribute content to free and open source software, as well as the challenges and licensing options that artists and developers face.

THURSDAY

Master Gardeners’ Tips: Fall into Fall

Noon to 1 p.m.

UC Davis Silo, Cabernet Room

Learn how to keep garden soil healthy and get started on a fall and winter garden. This is the time to start pulling out summer annuals and summer veggies to make room for winter flowers and vegetables. Hear what two master gardeners have to offer during this down-to-earth gardening workshop.

FRIDAY

Folk Music Jam Session

Noon to 1 p.m.

Wyatt Deck, UC Davis Arboretum

Musicians of all ages are invited to participate in an informal jam session. Bring fiddles, mandolins, guitars, penny whistles or just listen under the redwood trees. All skill levels welcome.

SATURDAY

Rudi Dekkers Book Signing

7 p.m.

The Avid Reader, 617 Second St.

Rudi Dekkers, owner of Huffman Aviation International Flight School, will sign copies of his memoir Guilty by Association: The Untold Story of Rudi Dekkers. The memoir details his interaction with 9/11 hijackers Mohamed Atta and Marwan Al-Shehhi and subsequent scrutiny by the FBI and National Security Agency.

To receive placement in the AGGIE DAILY CALENDAR, e-mail dailycal@theaggie.org or stop by 25 Lower Freeborn by noon the day prior to your event. Due to space constraints, all event descriptions are subject to editing, and priority will be given to events that are free of charge and geared toward the campus community.