Aggie Daily Calendar

TODAY

The House Counseling Services

8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

TB-16, across from Reagan Hall

The House is a free and confidential drop-in and phone-in peer counseling resource on campus for students. The House also has a Mind & Body Wellness Center that includes yoga on Wednesdays from noon to 1 p.m., a biofeedback machine, a state-of-the-art massage chair, a reading room, a S.A.D. lamp for Seasonal Affective Disorder and more.

Undergraduate Research Center Open House

2 to 4 p.m.

409 Surge IV

Interested in undergraduate research? Go to the open house to find out how to get started. Advisors will be present to answer questions, as well as undergraduate students who have engaged in research. Go see what the center has to offer.

Open to all majors.

Anthropology Colloquium Series

4:10 p.m.

126 Wellman

Dr. Deb Bennett of the Equine Studies Institute will present her lecture “Roman Dogs of Vindolanda: Art or Artifact.”

Undergraduate Philosophy Club

6 to 7 p.m.

The Coffee House

Majors, minors and armchair philosophers are invited to an open discussion at the first Philosophy Club meeting of the year.

Lambda Delta Lambda Info Night

6 to 8 p.m.

Women’s Resources and Research Center

Drop in any time to meet the sisters of UC Davis’ queer friendly, alternative sorority. Learn about how awesome the organization is, while eating yummy snacks.

TUESDAY

Lambda Delta Lambda Dollar Scoop Night

6 p.m.

Baskin Robbins, 236 E St.

Eat some inexpensive ice cream with the sisters of UC Davis’ queer friendly alternative sorority. Mmm … ice cream!

WEDNESDAY

Poetry in the Arboretum

Noon to 1 p.m.

Wyatt Deck, UC Davis Arboretum

Vanessa Niño-Tapia, third-year Master’s student in civil engineering-water resources at UC Davis and photographer, poet and art educator Francisco Dominguez will read original poetry.

California State Assembly Chief Clerk’s Internship Meeting

4 to 4:45 p.m.

114 South Hall

Since 1989, UC Davis and CSU Sacramento students have been given the unique opportunity to work as full-time Capitol staffers for several months in a non-partisan office while earning a salary, significant course credit and gaining an insider’s view of the California Legislature. All majors welcome. Juniors, seniors and recent graduates only.

Lambda Delta Lambda Farmers Market Meet-up

5 to 7 p.m.

Central Park, tree with decking

Hang out and play some games with the sisters of UC Davis’ queer friendly alternative sorority.

The Spokes Auditions

7:30 p.m.

1100 Social Sciences

Like to sing? Audition for The Spokes, UC Davis’ stellar all female a cappella group. Go prepared with 30 seconds of a song and smile.

Lambda Delta Lambda Bojangles Club Night

8:30 p.m.

Delta of Venus

Meet at Delta of Venus for rides to Bojangles (ages 18+ – bring ID!) in Sacramento, where attendees will dance the night away with members of UC Davis’ queer friendly alternative sorority. Early and late rides home will be available.

To receive placement in the AGGIE DAILY CALENDAR, e-mail dailycal@theaggie.org or stop by 25 Lower Freeborn by noon the day prior to your event. Due to space constraints, all event descriptions are subject to editing, and priority will be given to events that are free of charge and geared toward the campus community.