Aggie Daily Calendar

TODAY

Ian Bogost Lecture

3 p.m.

126 Voorhies

Ian Bogost, CEO of Persuasive Games and author of Newsgames and How to Do Things with Videogames, will discuss “Words, Images, Computation and Other Materials.” Bogost also invented the Facebook application Cow Clicker and is a professor of media studies at Georgia Institute of Technology.

Teach-in for the National Day of Solidarity with the Irvine 11

8:30 p.m.

115 Wellman

UC Davis’ Students for Justice in Palestine will hold a teach-in to raise awareness about the Irvine 11 and show their support for the Irvine 11 as they appeal their verdict.

WEDNESDAY

Student Organization Showcase

10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

West Quad

Join 180+ clubs at the annual student organization showcase! Groups can recruit members, give demonstrations, perform and let the campus community know who they are and what they have to offer. The Aggie Pack booth will release a limited number of brand-new Homecoming shirts.

Science Café: Medicines from Nature: Drugs that Changed the World

5:15 p.m.

Wyatt Deck, UC Davis Arboretum

Professor Ted Molinski of the deptartment of chemistry and biochemistry at UC San Diego and Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences will provide an overview of the development of medicines from plants and other natural sources. He will discuss the historical impact of this research and several recent breakthroughs that have helped lead to cures for diseases.

Student Investors and Entrepreneurs Workshop

7 to 8 p.m.

1150 Hart

UC Davis alumnus Robert L. Woods will lead a workshop about investing and portfolio building. Learn about stocks, bonds, insurance, retirement planning and more.

Vet Aide Club Meeting

7:30 p.m.

176 Everson

Join the Vet Aide Club at UC Davis to hear veterinary speakers discuss career opportunities in food animal medicine. Also, come for information regarding the beef, llama and poultry handling workshops.

THURSDAY

Fall Internship and Career Fair

10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

ARC Pavilion

Over 165 companies – including Cisco, Teach for America and the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising – will provide information about career and internship opportunities for students.

Women’s Soccer v. Pacific

3 p.m.

Aggie Soccer Field

The first 250 students will receive free Homecoming shirts.

American Red Cross Club General Meeting

6:15 to 7:30 p.m.

118 Olson

Missed the first general meeting? No worries! Just come to the second meeting of the year and learn about volunteer opportunities around Davis and the Yolo community.

To receive placement in the AGGIE DAILY CALENDAR, e-mail dailycal@theaggie.org or stop by 25 Lower Freeborn by noon the day prior to your event. Due to space constraints, all event descriptions are subject to editing, and priority will be given to events that are free of charge and geared toward the campus community.