Aggie Daily Calendar

TODAY

Fall Internship and Career Fair

10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

ARC Pavilion

Over 165 companies, including Cisco, Teach for America and the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising, will provide information about career and internship opportunities for students.

Entertainment Council Free Concert: Writer

Noon to 1 p.m.

Quad

ASUCD Entertainment Council presents the annual Fall Quad Show Series. Celebrate Fall quarter by enjoying live music on the Quad! Bring yourself, a blanket, lunch and a buddy or your whole posse. Let’s chill on the grass & enjoy some good music, yeah?

Shinkoskey Noon Concert

12:05 p.m.

Yocha Dehe Grand Lobby, Mondavi Center

This free recital by the Percussion Studio is titled “What I Did on My Summer Vacation.”

Women’s Soccer vs. Pacific

3 p.m.

Aggie Soccer Field

The first 250 students will receive free Homecoming shirts.

Transformative Travel Interactive Event

5:30 to 7 p.m.

Zinfandel Lounge, South Silo

Global health expert Elizabeth Emerson, M.A.’s, presentation will include sacred sites in California, tips for traveling in developing countries, avoiding common mistakes made by inexperienced travelers, Eco-Tourism and how to integrate one’s outer journey with one’s inner journey. Fee: $20 for Experimental College members, $30 for non-members. Pay in advance or at the door.

American Red Cross Club General Meeting

6:15 to 7:30 p.m.

118 Olson

Missed the first general meeting? No worries! Just go to the second meeting of the year and learn about volunteer opportunities around Davis and the Yolo community.

FRIDAY

Ninety-ninth Annual Pajamarino

6 to 8 p.m.

Amtrak Station, 840 2nd St.

In 1912, pajama-clad students first sneaked out of their dorms to greet returning alumni at the train station the night before homecoming. Free food, fun and entertainment will be provided by the Cal Aggie Marching Band-uh!, Bakuhatsu Taiko Dan Drummers, the Liquid Hotplates, the UC Davis Spirit Squad and more.

Davis Bicycles! Film Festival

7 p.m.

Davis High School Brunelle Theater, 314 W. 14th St.

The film festival features local filmmakers, local bicycle projects and a wide variety of national and international films celebrating bicycling and bike culture. Arrive early to purchase raffle tickets for great prizes donated by local businesses.

SATURDAY

Arboretum Guided Tour: Knowing Our Native Plants

10 a.m.

Wyatt Deck, UC Davis Arboretum

Enjoy the crisp fall weather and learn about the diversity, adaptability, and beauty of California native plants during a free public tour. The tour leader will point out plants that stand out in the fall garden for glowing colors, ornamental seed pods or other special features.

Football vs. University of Texas

2 p.m.

Aggie Stadium

The first 4000 students will receive a free Homecoming shirt.

To receive placement in the AGGIE DAILY CALENDAR, e-mail dailycal@theaggie.org or stop by 25 Lower Freeborn by noon the day prior to your event. Due to space constraints, all event descriptions are subject to editing, and priority will be given to events that are free of charge and geared toward the campus community.