Aggie Daily Calendar

TODAY

Student Recruitment & Retention Center Open House

11 a.m. to 1 p.m.

16 South Hall

This year’s open house will have a monster mash theme! Enjoy Guadalajara’s for the main course along with fruit and veggie platters, cotton candy, fruit punch in a spooky cauldron, horchata and cakes. Meet the staff, take a tour and learn more about the SRRC’s services.

Transfer Reentry Veterans Scholarship Workshop

3:30 to 4:30 p.m.

126 Wellman

Having a tough time paying for college? Have no clue of where to look for scholarship opportunities? Go talk to a scholarship specialist! There will be free Google Crazy bands and a chance to win a Google plus Project t-shirt.

Circle K International Meeting

6 p.m.

206 Olson

Interested in community service? Want to make new friends? Then join Circle K!

Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous

7 to 8:30 p.m.

Davis United Methodist Church, 1620 Anderson Rd.

Having trouble controlling the way you eat? Free yourself from excess weight and obsessive thoughts about food and body image. Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous is a 12-step fellowship based on the principles of Alcoholics Anonymous.

THURSDAY

Undergraduate Research Center Info Session

5:10 p.m.

409 Surge IV

Learn about research funding opportunities for undergraduates through the President’s Undergraduate Fellowship. The fellowship provides funds for undergraduates to pursue research projects or other creative activities under faculty supervision.

Botany and Environmental Horticulture Club

6:10 to 7:30 p.m.

2064 Science Laboratory Building

Mystery topic, free pizza and a plant raffle are on the agenda.

Marketing & Business Association Workshop

7:10 to 8 p.m.

118 Olson

Gerrit Buddingh, financial analyst at Wells Fargo, will speak about the Financial Analyst Program, his career as an analyst, and the UC Davis Graduate School of Management. Interested in joining MBA? Learn about the organization, what we do and future events. Pizza & refreshments will be provided.

Poetry Night Reading Series: Ruby Ibarra

8 p.m.

John Natsoulas Gallery, 521 First St.

Ruby Ibarra is Filipina-American UC Davis alumna, rapper and spoken word artist. Ibarra was a member of SickSpits Poetry Collective as well as the UC Davis Slam Poetry team. She has been featured on publications such as WorldStar Hip Hop and Myx TV, as well as MTV and VH1’s blogs. For the past year, she has been touring and performing across the U.S.

To receive placement in the AGGIE DAILY CALENDAR, e-mail dailycal@theaggie.org or stop by 25 Lower Freeborn by noon the day prior to your event. Due to space constraints, all event descriptions are subject to editing, and priority will be given to events that are free of charge and geared toward the campus community.