Aggie Daily Calendar

TODAY

October Book Faire

10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Women’s Resources and Research Center, First floor North Hall

Each quarter the Joy Fergoda Library at the WRRC hosts a book faire where books can be purchased for under $3. Proceeds will be used to buy new books for the library. Nonfiction, fiction, poetry and more! The faire will be open until Friday.

Quarter Abroad Info Session

Noon to 1 p.m.

Education Abroad Center, 207 Third St., Ste. 120

Attend the British Culture & Internship Information Session to learn how you can spend Spring quarter taking upper division English courses while completing an internship of your choice in the heart of London. Meet the professor and talk with advisors about logistics like financial aid.

Biomedical Engineering Seminar Series

4 p.m.

1005 Genome and Biomedical Sciences Facility Building

Dr. Frits Thorsen of the University of Bergen, Norway, will discuss the development of novel animal models to study melanoma brain metastases.

School of Law First Amendment Lecture Series

4 p.m.

Kalmanovitz Appellate Courtroom, King Hall

Chief Judge Alex Kozinski of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals will discuss the First Amendment in the age of information overload. RSVP at www.surveymonkey.com/s/2011centralvalleyfoundationlecture.

Art Studio Program Lecture Series

4:30 to 6 p.m.

Technocultural Studies Building

New York-based painter Joanne Greenbaum is primarily concerned with the formalism of plastic arts. Her canvases don’t follow formulas of conventional painting, but rather continuously test and expand the possibilities by which painting can evolve.

American Red Cross Club Meeting

6:15 to 7:30 p.m.

118 Olson

Missed the first general meeting? No worries! Just go to the third general meeting of the year and learn about all the volunteer opportunities around Davis and the Yolo community.

FRIDAY

Crafternoon

3:30 to 5 p.m.

LGBT Resource Center, University House Annex

Make asexual-themed crafts and hang out at the LGBTRC.

Asexual Association Meeting

5 to 6:30 p.m.

First and E St., by the old Borders

Chat with other ace umbrella-identified questioning people.

Women’s Volleyball vs. UC Santa Barbara

7 p.m.

ARC Pavilion

Students receive admission with student ID.

Davis is Burning

7 to 11 p.m.

Freeborn Hall

Delta Lambda Phi presents the 22nd annual drag show, featuring fabulous performers from all over the Sacramento region.

SATURDAY

Women’s Volleyball vs. Cal Poly

7 p.m.

ARC Pavilion

The first 1,000 fans will receive free rally towels.

SUNDAY

Young Frankenstein Screening

7 p.m.

International House, 10 College Park

Join students and community members at a showing of the scary comedy “Young Frankenstein.” Doors open at 7 p.m., the movie starts at 7:30 p.m. Admission for members is free, non-members are asked to contribute $2.

International Folk Dance Class

7 to 10 p.m.

Davis Art Center Studio E, 1919 F St.

As part of its ongoing class, the Davis International Folkdancers will be teaching an easy Serbian dance and a more challenging Bulgarian dance and doing previously taught dances. Bring grit-free, non-marking shoes. The first class is free to newcomers.

To receive placement in the AGGIE DAILY CALENDAR, e-mail dailycal@theaggie.org or stop by 25 Lower Freeborn by noon the day prior to your event. Due to space constraints, all event descriptions are subject to editing, and priority will be given to events that are free of charge and geared toward the campus community.