Women’s soccer preview

Teams: UC Davis at Long Beach State; at Cal State Fullerton

Records: Aggies, 11-4-1 (4-1-1); 49ers, 11-5-1 (4-2-0); Titans, 7-8-3 (1-4-1)

Where: 49er Soccer Complex – Long Beach, Calif. ; Titan Stadium – Fullerton, Calif.

When: Friday at 3 p.m.; Sunday at 2 p.m.

Who to watch: Senior forward Rachel Kahn has started all 16 games for UC Davis this season.

The Danville, Calif. native is the smallest Aggie, standing proud at 5’2″. However, opponents would be remiss to underestimate Kahn’s impact on the field. Coach MaryClaire Robinson heralded Kahn’s work ethic and determination earlier this week.

“Everyone has a super hero and Rachel is Mighty Mouse. She’s an excellent leader and she motivates the younger players to reach a higher level,” Robinson said.

Did you know? The Big West Conference Women’s Soccer Preseason Coaches Poll predicted the Aggies would finish ninth in conference.

Apparently this year’s squad did not get the memo because they are currently ranked second and have two games left to solidify a berth to the Big West Championship Tournament.

Last year UC Davis won their game against Long Beach State in a 1-0 shutout victory at home but they dropped their game against Cal State Fullerton in a 2-3 loss at home.

This year’s squad is a completely different team but Robinson and senior forward Lisa Kemp have mentioned the importance of coming out strong each and every game.

Preview: UC Davis is carrying a five game win streak into their final two games of the regular season.

The Aggies will start their weekend in Long Beach against the fourth place 49ers.

UC Davis is entering this match fresh off a 2-0 victory over UC Santa Barbara while Long Beach State is hoping to push their win streak to two after defeating UC Riverside 1-0 at home.

The Aggies will take the pitch against the Titans for their last game of the regular season. Cal State Fullerton tied their most recent match against UC Riverside and they will have a chance to bounce back against Pacific before facing UC Davis on Sunday afternoon.

The Aggies have played well this season and they are on their way to accomplishing their main goal – placing top four in Big West and earning a berth to the conference tournament.

These last two games will have a big part in deciding if, and with what ranking the Aggies will have going into the post-season.

Robinson believes the keys to winning games are patience, discipline and focus.

“We have two more tough games ahead of us but we know what we have to do. We have to keep doing what we’re good at and knowing what our strengths are. If we can stay calm and confident we can win.”

– Kim Carr