Arts Week

MUSIC

Early Music Ensemble
Saturday, 7 p.m., suggested donations
Church of St. Martin, 640 Hawthorn Lane
One of the more understated opportunities to witness live music is through the music ensembles produced on campus. On Saturday, UC Davis music department presents the Early Music Ensemble which will perform selected and renowned repertoire of the past.

AT THE MOVIES

Everyday Sunshine: The Story of Fishbone
Sunday, 7:30 p.m., $5
2828 35th St., Sacramento
Everyday Sunshine is a documentary about the band Fishbone. The film showcases the struggles bands deal with while they transition into the Hollywood scene. The film promises intimate moments between the band members and their journey into fame. Co-director Chris Metzler will be in attendance for a Q&A.

POETRY/LITERATURE

Joshua Clover
Tonight, 8 p.m., free
The John Natsoulas Gallery, 521 First Street
Author of the book, Madonna Anno Domini, Joshua Clover has been celebrated by the Academy of American Poets with the Walt Whitman Award. Tonight, for a free event, viewers will get the unique opportunity to hear Clover’s poetry live. Be sure to arrive — early reserve seating.

THEATER/MONDAVI

Miracle in Rwanda
Today and Friday, 7 p.m., $14/ $28
Vanderhoef Studio, Mondavi Center
In the format of a one-woman performance, Miracle in Rwanda tells the powerful true story of Rwandan Genocide Survivor Immaculée Ilibagiza. Produced by Leslie Sword, the performance conveys messages of hope and compassion of the human heart. The format and simplicity of the stage design will bring the attention to the main point of the show: the story.

Cinematic Titanic: Doomsday Machine
Friday, 8 p.m., $12.5/$17.5/$22.5
Jackson Hall, Mondavi Center
There are certain films made in history that you just can’t believe were produced and budgeted due to the poor and cheesy nature of them. Well, luckily, there’s the Mystery Science Theatre 3000 to make fun of these films for you as a form of entertainment. Go witness the complete hilarity that is of MST3K’s work.

ART/GALLERY

Shirley Hazlett: Luminance
Today-Sunday, 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Tues-Sun), free
Pence Art Gallery, 212 D St.
The exhibition has been up for a few months now. However, this weekend will be your last chance to check out Shirley Hazlett’s exhibition called Luminance. The show features oil paintings which utilizes pastel colors that transmit a sense of radiance unique to Hazlett’s style.

4th Annual Art Farm Gala
Friday, 6 p.m., $20
Gallery 625, 625 Court St., Woodland
This event aims to promote the local and regional talents of Yolo County. With over 60 artists, ranging from painters to sculptures, the art farm gala celebrates Yolo County’s agriculture. Local food and wine will be served at the Gala’s opening.

UYEN CAO can be reached at arts@theaggie.org.