Gunrock Pub event for students tonight

The Gunrock Pub, along with ASUCD, will begin its pilot event series on Wednesday.

Located by the Silo, the Gunrock Pub event “Aggies at the Pub” will be serving free nacho night, free tasting of Aggie Lager, free giveaways and full service bar with cheap pub food from 3 to 7 p.m.

The goal of the event is to give students an opportuniy to enjoy Gunrock Pub.

“I believe every location on campus should be a place where students are welcome and feel comfortable,” said Darwin Moosavi, a senior environmental analysis and planning major and ASUCD senator. “This is a place for college students. I always wanted to have more students at the venue since the pub has always had problems getting students there.”

The “Aggies at the Pub” will be featuring $10 pitchers of Aggie Lager and $4.50 for a pint. All students are welcome to the pub for the event. Only students that are 21 will be allowed to taste and purchase alcohol, Moosavi said.

“What we are hoping is that we will have a high level of student interest and participation [through these event series],” said Robin Clement, a marketing and planning specialist for UC Davis Dining Services. “We have tried different programs with different levels of success. We are hoping that with ASUCD’s involvement that we will be successful.”

The event is part of an effort to permanently add a student menu and student special events at the pub.

“This is the test run, we are testing the waters for support and interest.  We will make plans based on the success we have through the pilot events” Clement said.

There is discussion of having an event during finals week for students which would include free coffee, WiFi, cheap food and a place to study from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.  The date is tentatively set for Dec. 7, Moosavi said.

“Those are the only two events that we have confirmed. We are checking into Winter quarter events after we see the success and interest of the two set events,” Clement said.

The pub is open weekdays from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. It is closed during university holidays.

“The Gunrock Pub is a place for everyone. There is a common misconception that it is mostly for faculty and staff, which is not the case. We would love to have more students,” Clement said.

For more information, visit gunrockpub.ucdavis.edu.

ALICIA KINDRED can be reached at campus@theaggie.org.

1. […] Article in the California Aggie. GA_googleAddAttr("AdOpt", "1"); GA_googleAddAttr("Origin", "other"); GA_googleAddAttr("theme_bg", "ffffff"); GA_googleAddAttr("theme_border", "eeeeee"); GA_googleAddAttr("theme_text", "555555"); GA_googleAddAttr("theme_link", "2970A6"); GA_googleAddAttr("theme_url", "c8c7c7"); GA_googleAddAttr("LangId", "1"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "social-events"); GA_googleAddAttr("Tag", "uc-davis"); GA_googleFillSlot("wpcom_sharethrough"); Rate this: Share this:EmailPrintTwitterLinkedInFacebookStumbleUponDiggRedditLike this:LikeBe the first to like this post. Categories: Social Events, UC Davis Comments (0) Trackbacks (0) Leave a comment Trackback […]