Arts Week

MUSIC
The Shins
Apr. 23, 8 p.m., $35
Tickets on sale now
Jackson Hall, Mondavi Center
The Shins have become a major household name in the Indie music category. For the first time, they will come to Davis. This will be a unique opportunity, as the concert will be held at Jackson Hall, indisputably one of the greatest acoustic spaces in Northern California. Buy your tickets today; there’s no doubt that tickets will be sold out soon.

Wilco: Ticket giveaway
Feb. 1, 8 p.m., sold out
Jackson Hall, Mondavi Center
The Aggie Arts Committee (a program created by Mondavi) is hosting a competition for a pair of tickets to the SOLD OUT Wilco concert. For a chance to win, go to the Aggie Arts Facebook page, “like” it, change your status to your favorite Wilco song and title (tagging @Aggie Arts to the message), and then send an email to mondaviinterns@ucdavis.edu with your full name. The competition ends Friday Jan. 27 at 6 p.m.

DIM MAK’s Dead Meat Tour: Steve Aoki, Datsik & Special Guest
Mar. 14, 6:30 p.m., $20 limited student pre-sale | $25 general admission
Tickets on sale now
Freeborn Hall
Entertainment Council is doing it big this year.

AT THE MOVIES
A Lull (with deleted scenes and Ravenna Woods)
Tuesday, 7:20 p.m., $8 pre-sale | $10 at the door
Odd Fellows Hall, 415 Second St.
Brought to you by Entertainment Council, A Lull is a film.

ART/GALLERY
Three Painters: Works by Peter Edlund, Leslie Shows and Fred Tomaselli
Today to Mar. 18, 11 to 5 p.m. daily (closed on Fridays), free
Nelson Gallery
Peter Edlund, Leslie Shows and Fred Tomaselli are three unique painters bound by a fascination with nature. However, each artist interprets the landscape through various mediums and conventions of composition and space. See their work in person to be the judge of how nature is perceived through each artist’s work.

The Artery: Emma Luna
Today to Feb. 7, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Monday through Friday) | 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sundays, free
The Artery, 207 G St.
Emma Luna’s work features monotypes and mix-media that evoke childhood memories of her native Dominican Republic and Latin American roots. She utilizes personal touches to create depth within her work, such as the layering of representational images of her past onto the canvas.

THEATRE
Spring Dance Auditions
Today, 6:30 p.m.
Hickey Gym
Are you passionate about dancing? Each year, the Spring Dance showcases chosen student-made dance choreographs. With the preliminary choreographs created, dancers are now needed. You don’t have to be a dancer or dance major to audition. Warm-ups begin today at 6:30 p.m.

LITERATURE
Rae Gouirand
Today, 8 p.m., free
John Natsoulas Gallery, 521 First St.
Rae Gouirand, a resident in Davis who has taught classes at the University and whose works have been featured nationwide in acclaimed sources like the American Poetry Review, Boston Review and Columbia. Tonight, she will read her poems and essays at the Natsoulas Gallery. Be sure to arrive early to secure a seat.