Arts Week

MUSIC
Shinkoskey Noon Concert: The Oracle Trio
Today, Noon, free
Room 115, Music Building
April Johnson (violin), Peter Seidenberger (cello) and Kate Boyd (piano) present the Shinkoskey Noon Concert: The Oracle Trio. They are scheduled to perform Saint-Saëns: “Allegro vivace from Trio No. 1 in F Major, op. 18,” Dvořák’s “Trio in E Minor, op. 90” and Marc Mellits’s “Fruity Pebbles.”

Yolo Mambo and Som Nosso
Today, 7:30 p.m., free
415 Second St.
Two local Latin groups perform in Davis. The event is free and is open to all ages (wheelchair accessible). Additionally, beer and wine will be sold for those over the age of 21.

ART/GALLERIES
“Gong Yuebin: Site 2801”
Today to April 29, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Tuesday to Sunday), 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. (Thursday), free
216 O Street, Sacramento
Characterized by Yuebin’s childhood in rural China, his art features works that document the history of human existence. Viewers are asked to confront works with the intention of reflecting back into history and the progression of thousands of years of human evolution and empire-building.

MONDAVI/THEATER
Oliver Stone
Tomorrow, 8 p.m., $17.50/$23.5/$29 (students)
Jackson Hall, Mondavi Center
In this unique opportunity, students and viewers will be able to hear about the life of Oliver Stone from Stone himself. Stone, a renowned filmmaker, director and actor, has had an extraordinary past. There will be a Q&A session moderated by Jaimey Fisher, and the program is presented in affiliation with the Davis Humanities Institute.

Tickets available for Spring concerts:
DIM MAK’s Dead Meat Tour: Steve Aoki, Datsik & Special Guest
March 14, 6:30 p.m.
Freeborn Hall
Tickets are on sale now. $25 general admission. The show is presented by Entertainment Council. Student pre-sale tickets have officially been sold out. Get your general admission tickets now before they are sold out as well.

The Shins
April 23, 8 p.m., $35
Jackson Hall, Mondavi Center
Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased at the Mondavi Center Ticket Booth or on ticketmaster.com. The show is presented by Entertainment Council with Another Planet Entertainment and the Mondavi Center. Tickets for this show are also selling fast, so reserve your seat now.