58.7 F
Davis

Davis, California

Thursday, October 21, 2021

News-in-Brief: Small fire at the MU put out quickly

A small custodial closet fire at the Memorial Union (MU) Tuesday afternoon forced a complete evacuation of the building.

“It was an accidental fire in a custodial closet. It was put out very quickly and there was very little damage to building,” said  Gina Updegraff, acting Captain of the UC Davis Fire Department.

Initial reports said that the fire was caused by lighting issues in the closet. People were asked to evacuate the MU, including the ASUCD Coffee House and Lower Freeborn. Firefighters allowed people to re-enter the building after approximately 20 minutes.

No one was injured in the fire.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here