Experimental College puts love in the air

For all those who felt the sting of loneliness on this past Valentine’s Day, UC Davis’ Experimental College is hosting the DavisCupid event on Saturday from 7 to 10 p.m.

The DavisCupid event includes an online personality survey that will match attendees to others with similar interests. The event will have games, food and an overall borderline cheesy romantic environment to set the mood.

“This event is pretty unique for [the Experimental College] because we are doing some specific personality matching,” said Suzanne Lewis, junior international relations major and director of the Experimental College. “In the past we have done speed-dating events and mixers, but this event involves participants filling out a personality survey. Then at the event, they will get a list of their top matches so they can meet each other.”

The event will be held at the Experimental College, located at the South Silo building on the second floor.

Admission for the event is $5 at the door. Proceeds will help fund the Experimental College.

The personality-match survey will include questions that cater specifically to Davis, such as, “What is your favorite Davis eatery?” and “Where is your favorite place to study?”

“If two people are matched that like to eat at Burgers and Brew, what better location for a first date?” Lewis said.

The survey will close today. Those who did not fill out the survey are still invited to attend the event, Lewis said.

The event will include games such as a personality scavenger hunt and some ice breaker games, said Peter Neeley, a sophomore English and human development double major and publicity manager for the Experimental College.

Prizes for the games were donated by Sophia’s Thai Kitchen, the Paint Chip, Yoloberry, Love Lab and the Experimental College, according to the event page.

“I think if you are coming in looking to have a good time, you will meet a lot of different people, you can walk around and talk, play the games we have. It is something for everyone,” Neeley said.

Attendees are asked to be single, but people who are already in a relationship may come to support a friend.

Based on previous events, DavisCupid is expecting around 75 people to attend.

“We’ve been doing a couple of events every quarter; it is a good way to get our name out there, raise a bit of money for more events. Maybe people will ask about what we do [at the Experimental College] while they are here,” Neeley said.

ALICIA KINDRED can be reached at campus@theaggie.org.