Arts Week

MUSIC
KDVS Presents: Electric Jellyfish + Feeling of Love, Delacara & Ennui Trust
Tomorrow, 8 p.m., $5
Davis Bike Collective, 1221 Fourth St.
A three-piece collaboration from Melbourne, Australia, Electric Jellyfish tours the U.S. for the first time in two years in support of its new release, Trouble Coming Down. Exclusively touring both America and Australia behind each release, Electric Jellyfish creates music that Twin Lakes Records calls “raw, elemental and infused with post-punk fury.”

Trio7
Tomorrow, 8 p.m. $15/$10 (student)
Davis Art Center, 1919 F St.
Part of the Davis Art Center’s Third Annual Classical Guitar Ensemble Series, Trio7 performs a show on three extended seven-string guitars. What’s unique about this show is that the music played is not typically associated with the guitar: Debussy, Moussorgsky and a world premier of “5 Pieces” by Sacramento composer Phillip Miller. To add a little more to the show, Trio7 will entertain with popular movie and video game themes.

DIM MAK’s Dead Meat Tour: Steve Aoki & Datsik
Wednesday, March 14, 6:30 p.m.
Freeborn Hall
$25/$20 (student)
Get ready for a night full of electro-house music with some of the most prominent DJs in the country, put on by Entertainment Council.

THEATRE/MONDAVI
Garrick Ohlsson, piano
Tomorrow, 8 p.m. $36/$30/$17.5
Jackson Hall, Mondavi Center
As the winner of the 1970 Chopin International Piano Competition, world-renown musician Garrick Ohlsson performs an all-Liszt program. He has long been regarded as one of the world’s leading exponents of the music of Chopin and will continue to inspire at his show tomorrow night.

UC Davis Symphony Orchestra: On Our Way to Spain!
Sunday, 7 p.m., $17/ $15/ $12/ $8 (student)
Jackson Hall, Mondavi Center
The show serves as a preview of the UC Davis Symphony Orchestra’s Spain tour, which takes place from March 24 to April 4. During the Spain tour, the orchestra will grace four major venues in Madrid, Valencia, Granada and Barcelona. Christian Baldini, music director and conductor, leads Sunday’s show, which includes works from Debussy, Mozart and Schumann.

The House of Bernarda Alba
Thursday to Saturday, March 8 to 10, 15 to 17 at 8 p.m. & Sunday, March 11 & 18 at 2 p.m.
$17/$19/$14/$12 (student)
Main Theatre, Wright Hall
Directed by Winter 2012 Granada Artist-in-Residence Juliette Carrillo, this drama showcases themes of repression, passion and conformity. Completed two months before his murder during the Spanish Civil War, Federico Garcia Lorca’s The House of Bernarda Alba centers on the impacts of men on women when five daughters are stuck in their mother’s house for eight years of mourning.

ART/GALLERY
3rd Annual Art of Painting in the 21st Century Conference 2012
Student exhibitions Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
$35/$30 (student)
John Natsoulas Center for the Arts, 521 First St.
Gathering artists from different communities presenting the opportunity for interaction between young students and professionals, this conference makes present the tradition of painting and culture in Northern California. With panel discussions, breakout groups and lectures, this conference provides education while also including student exhibitions. This Saturday, check out the five downtown Davis student exhibitions, all curated by instructors of Northern California campuses.

ELIZABETH ORPINA can be reached at arts@theaggie.org.