News-in-Brief: Undergraduate Research, Scholarship and Creative Activities Conference this weekend

The Undergraduate Research, Scholarship and Creative Activities Conference will be held on Friday and Saturday.
The conference is an opportunity for students to present their work to the UC Davis community. Topics of research presented will range from the denial of genocide in Darfur to the effect of aspirin on cardiovascular disease.

“We’ve always prepared and inspired our students to discover solutions to some of society’s most pressing problems,” said Patricia Turner, Vice Provost of Undergraduate Education, in a press release. “The Undergraduate Research, Scholarship and Creative Activities Conference gives our students a chance to exhibit the fruits of their research along with a taste of the process of presenting it in a scholarly manner.”

This year, the event will also feature an art exhibit, which will allow students interested in design and creative studies to present their work.

The event is free to the public. Students will present posters with information about their research on Friday in Freeborn Hall from 3 to 5:30 p.m., the Art Exhibit will take place Friday in Memorial Union II  from 5:30 to 7 p.m. 
and oral presentations will be on Saturday in Wellman Hall from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.

For more information, go to urc.ucdavis.edu.

— HANNAH STRUMWASSER