Arts Week

DANCE

9th Annual UC Davis Dance Team Showcase
Friday at 6:30 p.m. & Saturday at 10 p.m., $5
Brunelle Performance Hall at Davis High School, 315 W 14th St.
This annual showcase serves as the Davis Dance Team’s largest fundraiser, bringing choreography and entertainment specifically for this show. Tickets can be purchased at the door or from any dance team member.

Dance Dance Davis: Free classes
Monday at 6 – 8 p.m., University Club Dance Studio
May 2 at 8:30 p.m., Davis Art Center
Shelly Gilbride, doctor in performance studies, theatre and dance alumna, local arts consultant and dancer, is recruiting at least 100 people from Davis for a flashmob dance performance to take place at a surprise Davis location on May 9 at 6:15 p.m. These dance classes serve as opportunities for those interested to contribute dance steps to the show. For more information, visit theatredance.ucdavis.edu.

FILM

UC Davis Film Festival
The UC Davis Film Festival is looking for entries of any UCD student film made in the past 24 months. Films made while at UCD are accepted from graduates as well. Videos can be up to ten minutes in length. Final deadline to submit is May 4; submissions and corresponding forms should be turned in to Art 101. For more information, visit facebook.com/UCDavisFilmFestival. Email Ngoc Le with questions or inquiries about volunteering.

MUSIC

Music on the Green
Sunday at 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., free
Central Park
A free afternoon with the intention of uniting the campus and the community of Davis, Music on the Green has teamed up with Davis Flea Market to provide free music, delicious food and a zero-waste event. Features bands such as Lijie, Merrygold, The Souterrain and Jordan’s Beard.

MONDAVI

Members of the San Francisco Symphony
May 2 at 8 p.m., $72/$36 (student)
Jackson Hall, Mondavi Center
San Francisco Symphony concertmaster and violinist Alexander Barantschik concludes the San Francisco Symphony’s mini-Mondavi season with performances of work from the Baroque era.

ART

23rd Annual California Conference for the Advancement of Ceramic Art
Friday to Sunday, at varying times
The CCACA brings the ultimate ceramic sculpture event in an intimate setting for interaction with top artists. There will be demonstrations, lectures and shows. There will be opportunities to meet face-to-face with distinguished ceramic sculptors and see/hear what makes them the top in their field.