News-in-brief: University searching for new associate chancellor of strategic communications

UC Davis is conducting a nationwide search for an associate chancellor of strategic communications who would lead the campus’s communications and marketing efforts. The University aims to complete the search by late November.

Dean Jessie Ann Owens of the Division of Humanities, Arts and Cultural Studies, College of Letters and Science, will chair the recruitment committee, which is made up of faculty, students, alumni and staff. Julie Filizetti and Gail Gregory of Isaacson, Miller, a national executive search firm, are also involved, identifying potential candidates to the committee.

The University is committed to having an open and transparent search, according to a press release. Steps include a series of town hall meetings later this month. Information from these meetings will be used to develop a position profile during recruitment. This final profile will be posed online.

Questions or candidate recommendations can be sent to Owens at jaowens@ucdavis.edu or Isaacson, Miller at 4535@imsearch.com.

— Janelle Bitker

EDITOR’S NOTE: This news brief was altered from its original form as a Letter to the Editor. The submitted piece was intended as a press release, which was used to draft this article.