Arts Week

GALLERY
UC Davis 2012 MFA Exhibition
Tomorrow at 5:30 p.m. to June 29, free
The Nelson Gallery
Seven students are going to receive their master of fine arts — there will be a degree exhibition at UC Davis’ Nelson Gallery starting tomorrow night. Come check out these students’ work before they enter careers as visual artists.

Oliver Gagliani
June, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday to Friday
Gallery 1855, Davis Cemetery District Office 820 Pole Line Road
Internationally renowned photographer Oliver Gagliani’s work will be on display. A colleague of Ansel Adams, Paul Strand and the Westons, Gagliani’s work hangs in the Smithsonian, the Oakland Museum of Art, the S.F. Museum of Modern Art and the Art Institute of Chicago. This work hasn’t been shown for a quarter of a century, since the death of Gagliani, and this is your only chance to see it before it will be acquired by a museum in Arizona.

THEATRE
Spring Theatre Festival: A Night of Original One Acts
Friday at 8 p.m. (doors open at 7:30 p.m.)
Wyatt Pavillion, free
The Dead Arts Society presents A Night of Original One Acts as part of its Spring Theatre Festival. These evenings will feature The Blood Law by Rachel Pevsner and All Dried Up by Jenny Adler. Both shows will be performed on the same night with an intermission in between.

Henry V
June 14 to July 1, Thursday to Sunday at 8 p.m., Sundays at 6:30 p.m.
1 Garrod Drive, $15 adults, $12 students and seniors, $10 children
The Davis Shakespeare Festival and the Friends of the UC Davis Arboretum present the Third Annual Davis Shakespeare Festival, featuring Shakespeare’s Henry V. The Ensemble will shed new light on this classic by making this war epic into a suspenseful experience.

DANCE
Folk Dance in the Park
Friday at 5:10 p.m.
Central Park, free
Unwind at the end of the quarter by doing some easy folk dances from Greece, Israel, Russia, Japan and other countries. The Davis International Folkdancers will lead an informal get-together near the Farmer’s Market structure for an hour just for fun.

FILM
Technocultural & Film Studies End-of-the-Year Party
Tomorrow, 6 p.m.
Art Annex, free
Come see what TCS and Film Studies are all about at the end-of-the-year party that celebrates student work. Come by for free food, student films, animations, live performances, experimental music, home brew economics, art installations, face painting and an awards ceremony.