Honorable Mention

Kayleigh Foley has dominated the lanes of Schaal Aquatics Center during her four years as a member of the UC Davis women’s swimming and diving team.

Foley has never ended a season without claiming at least one Conference Championship title. As a freshman she anchored the 800-yard freestyle relay squad that earned the Big West title and set a new school record for the event with a time of 7:20.23.

The Pleasanton, Calif. native repeated the performance as a sophomore when the Aggies transitioned over to their current conference, the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation. She also brought home victories in the 100-yard freestyle and the 400-yard relay medley.

As a junior she hauled in five conference championships, including repeat triumphs in the 100-yard free, the 400-yard relay medley and the 800-yard free relay. Foley also earned titles in the 50-yard free and the 400-yard free relay as well.

Foley rounded out her senior year by earning four more conference championships. She excelled in the 200-yard freestyle where she set a new school record with her time of 1:47.29.

As Foley hangs up her goggles, her fellow Aggies must find a way to say goodbye to a teammate who has excelled over the last four seasons.

— Kim Carr