Get involved this year with a plethora of on-campus options

ASUCD

ASUCD (Associated Students of UC Davis) is the student government on campus and it runs most of the campus’ most popular features.  Students can serve as senators or as interns and assist in enacting new initiatives. ASUCD runs the bus system on campus, known as Unitrans, as well as the Coffee House in the Memorial Union. Their units include KDVS, the campus radio station, the Bike Barn and the Experimental College, which offers all types of artsy classes.

CoHo

The Coffee House, fondly known as the CoHo to students, is student-run and provides many jobs for students. Along with coffee, there are many food options and a bakery, with freshly baked pastries. Other cuisine options include, Mexican, Italian and Japanese.

Unitrans

If employed at Unitrans, students who have had their driver’s license for a year can drive those big red buses on campus and around the city of Davis, after some training.

Experimental College

The Experimental College, or EC, is located behind the Silo. Students can take classes such as music, dance and yoga. The lounge and library provide students with quiet places to study on campus. The Craft Center is also nearby, where students can go to do ceramics, textiles, woodwork and much more.  An art gallery is also housed inside.

Outdoor Adventures

A division of Campus Recreation, this department runs trips and outdoor sports classes. Some activities include rafting, whitewater kayaking, sailing, backpacking and snowshoeing.  They also offer CPR, EMT and First Aid courses.

Student Alumni Association (SAA)

This is the largest student organization on campus and helps students build connections, both with each other and with alumni. It is a service- and network-based club that all students are invited to join.  Events throughout the year include a Pool Party at the Rec Pool, Pajamarino and Aggie Diner.

Activities and Recreation Center (ARC)

The ARC is the gym on campus and it features a try-before-you-buy week during the first week of every quarter, during which students can participate in classes such as yoga, Zumba or cycling for free. Many students go to the ARC to work out, play basketball, run on the indoor track or use one of the many racquetball courts available.

DANIELLE HUDDLESTUN can be reached at campus@theaggie.org.