Aggie Daily Calendar

TODAY

ITS-Davis/JMIE Special Seminar

1:30 to 3 p.m.

113 The Barn

Join Kathrin Goldammer, Project Leader, Transdisciplinary Panel on Energy Change, Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies (IASS),

Potsdam, Germany, as she discusses The Challenges of Germany’s Energiewende. There is no cost and all are welcome to attend.

TUESDAY

Term Paper Workshop: Part I

3:10 to 4:30 p.m.

Shields Library Instruction Lab, Room 165

Join Melissa Browne, Shields Instruction Librarian, and staff from the Student Academic Success Center to review the steps to writing a term paper and discuss strategies for finding books and articles. The event is free. For more information, visit www.lib.ucdavis.edu/dept/instruc/classes/descriptions.php#class16 or contact Melissa Browne at mabrowne@ucdavis.edu.

Autism Awareness Association First Meeting

7 to 8 p.m.

107 Wellman

Join the Autism Awareness Association for their first meeting.

WEDNESDAY

Author Q&A and Book Signing

Noon to 1:30 p.m.

The Fielder Room, Memorial Union

Join Sandy Lerner in a talk about her new novel Second Impressions, the first historically and socially accurate sequel to Pride and Prejudice. The presentation will be followed by a Q&A period and a book signing. Free and open to the general public.

Walk With Warren

Noon to 1 p.m.

Gazebo

Join Warren Roberts, the Superintendent Emeritus of the Arboretum and famous storyteller and punster for an always-engaging noontime exploration of West End gardens. For more information, call (530) 752-4880 or visit arboretum.ucdavis.edu.

The Liquid Hotplates Fall Auditions

7 to 9 p.m.

Student Community Center, Meeting Room E

If you can sing, come out and audition for the premier a cappella group at UC Davis, The Liquid Hotplates.

THURSDAY

Depression Awareness Day: ASAP Screening and Webinar

9 to 10 a.m.

10:30 to 11:30 a.m.

1:30 to 2:30 p.m.

3 to 4 p.m.

Online and ARC Meeting Room 1

The webinar will be presented by Dr. Joseph Hullett of United Behavioral Health. Employees can view this presentation at their own desks at the specific times listed. ASAP will be hosting the 10:30 a.m. webinar along with a free depression screening. Please join us while we discuss the signs, symptoms and treatment of depression. For information about how to join the webinar and for links to your campus Employee Assistance Program webpage go to www.universityofcalifornia.edu/news/article/28349.

If you have any questions please contact ASAP at (530) 752-2727.

Poetry in the Garden: Spring Warren and Jill Stengel

Noon to 1 p.m.

Wyatt Deck

Hear Davis poets Spring Warren and Jill Stengel share their unique work. This is a free public event. For more information, call (530) 752-4880 or visit arboretum.ucdavis.edu.

The Liquid Hotplates Fall Auditions

7 to 9 p.m.

To receive placement in the AGGIE DAILY CALENDAR, email dailycal@theaggie.org or stop by 25 Lower Freeborn by noon the day prior to your event. Due to space constraints, all event descriptions are subject to editing, and priority will be given to events that are free of charge and geared toward the campus community.