Aggie Daily Calendar

TODAY

The Enchanted Cellar

All Day

17 Wright

Visit the Enchanted Cellar for Halloween Costume Rentals at UC Davis. There is a 50 percent discount for UC Davis students, faculty, staff and affiliates. The Enchanted Cellar will be open until Oct. 31. Appointments are preferred. Call (530) 752-0740 or email rcfemling@ucdavis.edu for an appointment. For more information, go to theatredance.ucdavis.edu.

WRRC’s Fall Book Fair

All Day

First floor North Hall

Each quarter the Women’s Resources and Research Center library hosts a book fair where books can be purchased for under $3. Browse through their huge selection of contemporary fiction and nonfiction, as well as great women and gender studies books. Proceeds from your donations will be used to buy new books for the WRRC library. The book fair will continue through Friday.

Meditation Practice Sessions

9 to 10 a.m.

The House, next to Co-Op and the Student Housing building

Start things off right with our student-facilitated free meditation practice sessions to keep you centered.

TUESDAY

How to find a UCEAP program that won’t break the bank

Noon to 1 p.m.

Education Abroad Center, Third and A Street

Find out how to make study abroad a part of your Aggie degree and finding unique funding sources.

Provost’s Undergraduate Fellowship Info Session

4:10 to 5 p.m.

URCenter – 2300 Student Community Center

Learn about research funding opportunities for undergraduates through the Provost’s Undergraduate Fellowship. The fellowship provides funds for undergraduates to pursue research projects or other creative activities under faculty supervision.

WEDNESDAY

Library 101: Catalogs, Databases and Services

Noon to 1 p.m.

Shields Library Second Floor Instruction Room

Attend this hands-on introduction to finding books, research articles and other items at the UC Davis General Libraries given by Lee Riggs and the Shields Library Instruction Staff. Learn about library privileges and services as well as how to discover print and digital materials in our collections. This basic orientation to the library is suitable for any discipline and all your questions are welcomed.

Study abroad in your major: UCEAP options just for you

Noon to 1 p.m.

Learn about UCEAP “Special Focus” discipline-specific programs as well as finding courses in your major offered by host institutions taught in English. Also, find out how to work with your department major adviser when you have selected the study abroad program and graduating on schedule.

5:10 to 6 p.m.

Davis Shakespeare Ensemble: Radio Macbeth

8 to 10 p.m.

Arboretum Gazebo

Davis Shakespeare Ensemble presents this original version of Shakespeare’s haunting tragedy, inspired by the format of 1930s radio plays, featuring live sound effects and an original score. The performance will continue through Saturday. For ticket reservations email boxoffice@shakespearedavis.com, call (530) 802-0998 or visit www.shakespearedavis.com.

To receive placement in the AGGIE DAILY CALENDAR, email dailycal@theaggie.org or stop by 25 Lower Freeborn by noon the day prior to your event. Due to space constraints, all event descriptions are subject to editing and priority will be given to events that are free of charge and geared toward the campus community.