Aggie Digest

UC Davis field hockey hosted Stanford this weekend at Aggie Stadium, but couldn’t pull out the victory under the lights.

The Aggies dropped a 4-2 decision to the Cardinal on Saturday in a tight NorPac Conference West Division matchup.

Freshman Jamie Garcia led the offensive attack for the Aggies with six shots, one of which found the net, to go along with an assist.

Stanford scored the first two goals, one each in the third and 33rd minute, before UC Davis got on the board with Garcia’s assist to senior Nadia Namdari in the 38th minute of play.

The Aggies fell behind 3-1 in the 54th minute, but Garcia’s goal in the 56th minute kept the game close. UC Davis continued to threaten, but the Cardinal scored a goal in the 66th minute to put the game out of reach for the Aggies.

This was the second time UC Davis fell to Stanford this season, but this time around it was a much more even match-up. Back on Oct. 5, the Aggies were handed a 5-0 beating by the Cardinal down in Stanford.

The loss drops UC Davis to 6-10 on the year with a 2-2 record in conference. This was also the first loss the Aggies sustained at home this year.

UC Davis will continue its NorPac conference competition with games next week on Friday and Sunday against California and Pacific, respectively.

— Matthew Yuen