Roving Reporter

Riders of the Unitrans B-Line: What song are you listening to right now?

“‘The Last,’ by Childish Gambino. I like a lot of hip-hop, especially Kendrick [Lamar]’s new album. You can really see him growing up as a person, from the first song to the last.”
— David Tran, third-year transfer mechanical engineering major

“‘chAngE,’ by Miwa. It’s a cartoon song; that’s what I usually listen to. Like, soundtracks for Naruto and One Piece. I’ve got a store in China where I sell anime figurines, and that’s what’s always playing.”
— James Zhang, third-year managerial economics major

“‘Pathetic,’ by Blink-182, off of Dude Ranch. I’m a big pop-punk fan, like my favorites are Blink, Green Day, Weezer … they’re the best bands of all time.”
— Dean Tayara, fourth-year sociology-organizational studies major

“‘Mercy,’ by Kanye West and 2 Chainz. But it just came up on shuffle, I was going to switch to ‘Watch the Throne’ — definitely Kanye and Jay-Z’s best work. I don’t usually listen to Jay-Z though; I like punk music — Anti-Flag, Black Flag, Agent Orange — for when I skate to class.”
— Ridley Grunden, third-year economics major

“‘Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye,’ by Luke Bryan. I actually forgot I drove my car to class, so I’m taking the bus back to get it. So this is afternoon music. Upbeat music is best for later on in the day.”

— Chelise Ornelas, third-year neurobiology, physiology and   behavior major
“‘Leave My Body,’ by Florence and the Machine. Mumford, Of Monsters and Men, chill folksy pop like that is what I always listen to.”
— Riley McFadden, second-year American studies major“‘Cinema,’ by Skrillex. The Benny Benassi remix, of course. I like house, hip-hop, rock.”
— Simon Tong, third-year economics major

“‘I Might Like You Better (Casapian Remix),’ by Amanda Blank. It’s off a mixtape from Hypem; I get a lot of my music from there.”
— Jillian Janairo, second-year neurobiology, physiology and behavior major

“‘Somewhere I Belong,’ by Linkin Park. But I’ve got everything, lots of positive-feeling music, like Sublime, old Expendables, old Muse, Lil Wayne before he was a clown. Those are all on my smoking playlist.”

— Samaan Mahmoudzadeh, fifth-year biological sciences major
“Florence and the Machine’s cover of Drake’s ‘Take Care.’ She does Rihanna’s part and all the rapping.”
— May Lim, third-year economics and communication major