News in Brief: Finals study session hosted at Mondavi Center

A study session during finals week will be hosted at the Robert and Margrit Mondavi Center for the Performing Arts lobby on Dec. 10, from noon to 5 p.m.

Free coffee will be offered all day, along with tables and power outlets. A ticket raffle will also be held.

This will be the first time the Mondavi Center has hosted an event like this.

According to Aggie Arts intern Maizy Enck, the idea came about at the summer orientation for interns.

“We have worked to create an event that caters to students’ study needs by providing free coffee and a comfortable study space,” Enck said in an email interview.

Enck said that classical music will also be played, because it has been shown to help maintain focus while studying.

“We know that finals weeks is an especially stressful time for UC Davis students, and as a part of the UC Davis campus, we here at the Mondavi Center feel it is our duty to help ease this stress any way we can. We hope that by providing an additional study space students will experiences less stress and have a more pleasant finals experience,” she said.

This event also offers UC Davis students the chance to interact with the Mondavi Center in a new way, according to Enck.

The Fusion Fresh Café, a food truck located right outside the Mondavi Center, will also be available to students.

— Muna Sadek