Tech Tips

Is your lover the fairest you’ve ever met? Were they born to finish your duet? If the answer is yes, you are in luck: There is an app for that.

What is Duet?
Duet is an app made for iOS devices specifically targeting couples. The app begins with a date proposal sent to your sweetheart and they either accept or deny it.

How much does it cost?
The app is currently free in the Apple Store, and works on both the iPhone and the iPod Touch. While not yet available on other operating systems, development of an Android version is currently underway.

How does it work?
First you must download the app and launch it on your mobile device. Next you propose a duet with that special someone. Your proposal is a private invitation leading to spending time together.

Your message starts with the phrase “Let’s…” and you fill in the blank with a suggestion. The person you send it to then accepts or denies your duet.

When your duet proposal is accepted, it is “paired,” becoming a private conversation between you and your love. You can add videos, notes and pictures to your conversation as well. Duet saves your conversation so that you can cherish the moments with each other forever.

You must have that person’s number stored in your device and you may only send a proposal to one person at a time. If the person you propose the duet to does not have the app installed, that is fine; it will automatically send the message via SMS.

For the LDR crowd:
For those of you in long distance relationships who are unable to see your significant other on Valentine’s Day, the app is great for sharing moments in a more interactive way than a simple Skype call or Snapchat moment.

NICOLE NOGA can be reached at science@theaggie.org.