Best Hotel

The cozy, family-oriented Aggie Inn wins the title for best hotel in Davis once again.

“Every time my family comes to visit me in Davis, we go to the Aggie Inn and stay in the cottage suites, which has everything from big, spacious living rooms to kitchens full of utensils and supplies,” said Lauren Tseng, a third-year animal science major. “They also have complimentary breakfast, which we eat every time.”

The Aggie Inn is famous for its cottage-style rooms, which, unlike normal hotel rooms, come with living areas with sofa beds, Jacuzzi tubs and patios. There are cottage suites with kitchens for those planning on staying for long periods of time.

“The Aggie Inn is a part of a chain of hotels along with four other hotels. Two are in Sacramento while three are in Davis,” said Lenor Nunez, sales and marketing manager. “A family owned this hotel since 1969. The owner, at the age of 20, built it from scratch with his own blueprints. He wanted to make the hotel a place where people could feel at home. He wanted the cottage-like feel so he surrounded the place with trees and outdoor patios. People can feel like they’re in Tahoe even though they’re in Davis. He really wanted people to enjoy nature.”

The Aggie Inn provides a complimentary breakfast with an assortment of muffins, cereals, breads, fresh juices and coffee. Guests are provided with complimentary high-speed wireless internet access along with access to the hotel fitness center, fully equipped with machines and flat-screen televisions.

“People say that they love the Aggie Inn because of the great customer service. Our manager, Janet Rangel, is a very friendly person. She always goes out of her way to help people. Also, the Aggie Inn is near the heart of downtown Davis and all the best restaurants are merely walking distance,” Nunez said.

Other than the Aggie Inn, popular hotels include the second place Hyatt Place UC Davis hotel, conveniently located within UC Davis, and the third place Hallmark Inn, located right in the middle of downtown Davis.

— Alice Lee