Arts week

ART

Yolo County Film Society Screening — Casablanca
Sunday, 7 p.m., $2
Yolo Pleasure Dome, 1401 Pole Line Road
The highly quotable and entertaining film focuses on Rick (Humphrey Bogart), a grumpy owner of a bar in Casablanca during WWII. Rick’s life is complicated when his ex, Ilsa (Ingrid Bergman), shows up with her husband looking for a valuable passport that Rick possesses and can use to help the resistance against the Nazis. Casablanca was listed as No. 3 on the American Film Institute’s “100 Years, 100 Movies” list in 2007.

Davis Flea Market
Sunday, 11 a.m., free
Central Park, corner of 3rd and C Street
The monthly Davis Flea Market is back with a vengeance. In addition to several vendors selling various knick knacks, visitors can also expect performances from the UC Davis Gospel Choir, Whiskey Business, Big Sticky Mess and more.

MUSIC

Robert Randolph Presents the Slide Brothers
Friday, 8 p.m., $25 to $64 regular, $12.50 to $32 student
Jackson Hall, Mondavi Center
Robert Randolph, an electric steel guitar wizard, and the Slide Brothers bring you a night of sacred steel music. Sacred steel combines blues, rock, gospel and soul into a form of music that both praises and rocks.

Three Punk Bands, One Night of Radio
Saturday, midnight, free
Tune in on KDVS 90.3 FM
Saturday’s installment of the Neonate show will feature three punk bands live in the studio. Tune in to hear RAD, Crude Studs and Fearection.

POETRY

Poetry Night Reading Series — Edythe Schwartz
Tonight, 8 p.m., free
John Natsoulas Gallery, 521 First St.
Tonight’s headlining poet, Edythe Schwartz, won the Friends of Acadia Poetry Prize in 2012 for her poem “A Natural Phenomenon.” In addition to winning the award, Schwartz has published a book of poetry, A Palette of Leaves, as well as a chapbook, “Exposure.” As usual, there will be an open mic reading after the main reader. Dr. Andy Jones, who emcees the series, encourages anyone interested to show up early to sign up, because the slots will fill up.

THEATER

Fuckin’ Funny!
Saturday, 8 p.m., donations encouraged
1604 Pole Line Road
This month’s installment in the KDVS comedy series will feature at least three comedians. Performers include Johnny Taylor, a former amateur boxer turned comedian who has opened for Robin Williams and Bobcat Goldthwait; Alec Roberts, who writes and performs for Comedy Space with Ray Molina, a weekly sketch comedy show in Sacramento; and Mike Patten, who has performed at the Punch Line and the Comedy Spot in Sacramento.

MFA Thesis Choreographies
Tonight, Friday and Saturday, 8 p.m.; Sunday, 2 p.m., $17 regular, $12 student
Vanderhoef Studio Theatre, Mondavi Center

Two MFA students in UC Davis’s Department of Theatre and Dance present their thesis works. Ligilo (which means “link” in Esperanto) by Jarrell Iu-Hui Chua, in collaboration with Bobby August, Jr., will explore touch and its effects on relationships as well as memories, dreams and realities. Transmutation, by Christine Germain, in collaboration with Andrea del Moral and Deidre Morris, focuses on identity shifts and how they affect our relationships with ourselves, others and the environment.

— John Kesler