Picnic Day sports events

Women’s tennis — 11 a.m. at Marya Welch Tennis Center
The UC Davis women’s tennis team will have its last match of the regular season on April 13 against Sonoma State.

The Aggies have already finished Big West Competition and sealed a sixth-place finish in the league with a 4-5 conference record. UC Davis holds a 9-12 overall record and is coming off a split weekend.

UC Davis grabbed a 5-2 victory over Pacific on April 12 and then fell in a tightly contested match to UC Santa Barbara 5-2.

The Aggies will face off with the Sea Wolves and hope to get a win in order to swing momentum in their direction as they prepare for the conference tournament, in which they will most likely face off against UC Santa Barbara.

Women’s Water Polo — Noon at Schaal Aquatics Center
The 19th-ranked UC Davis women’s water polo team will face cross-town rival Pacific on Picnic Day, an intense matchup that has become quite a tradition for the Aggies.

UC Davis is coming off a 13-5 trouncing of Cal State Monterey Bay, improving their record to 13-15 overall. Still, the Aggies’ 0-6 conference record does not bode well for the team as they get ready for the Big West Championship tournament.

Senior Carmen Eggert put down five goals for UC Davis and leads the team in scoring this year, with 66 goals on the season. This will be the Eggert’s, as well as Jessica Dunn, Hannah Breen, Kathryn Bailey, Riane Woods and Danelle Kenny’s final game at Schaal Aquatics Center.

Baseball — 1 p.m. at Dobbins Stadium
The UC Davis baseball team will face off with UC Riverside in this Picnic Day matchup, a very winnable game for the Aggies.

The Aggies’ recent slump, in which they lost 10 out of 11 games, has them standing at 12-22 overall and 0-9 in conference. Still, UC Davis has had bursts of impressive baseball.

The Aggies just took down Nevada 10-7, the product of a six-run sixth inning that propelled the team over the Wolf Pack. UC Davis has lacked runs this season but have shown they are capable of putting up offensive numbers. UC Riverside should be a good team for the Aggies to try to get into a groove with another month of competition remaining.

Track — All Day at Toomey Stadium
The UC Davis track team will host the Woody Wilson Classic on Picnic Day. This is a chance for athletes to compete individually and prepare for the high-level meets that are approaching.

Other than displaying their strong talent in the field, UC Davis will also be warming up for the Causeway Classic Dual with Sacramento State as well as the Big West Championships that are to come in a couple of weeks.

The Aggies just finished competition at the Mt. SAC competition and the Mondo Mid-Major Challenge at Sacramento State. The women placed third and the men fifth.

– Matthew Yuen