Outside Lands food and beverage lineup announced

While the musical lineup for the sixth installment of Outside Lands — the August, three-day music festival in San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park — was released weeks ago, some of us have been waiting impatiently for the festival’s menu before even considering buying tickets.

Outside Lands is unique in that it’s arguably just as much about the grub as it is about the tunes. And this year’s 200+ item menu might be more exciting than Paul McCartney or any of the other 70+ performers.

Amongst the 61 vendors are especially enticing newcomers Rich Table, Nopalito and Wise Sons Deli. Rich Table opened last year in San Francisco’s Hayes Valley to rave reviews, garnering nation-wide recognition and a James Beard award nomination for Best New Restaurant. Reservations have been nearly impossible to get ever since, and at Outside Lands, they’ll be serving up sardine chips and porcini doughnuts. Nopalito is mainstay on The San Francisco Chronicle’s Top 100 Restaurants list for its local, organic Mexican cuisine, and will be offering Totopos Con Chile. Wise Sons, the pop-up-turned-brick-and-mortar success story, will dish out pastrami sandwiches and pastrami cheese fries.

Per usual, food trucks will have a mighty presence. Favorites like Bacon Bacon and Seoul on Wheels will return, and the ever-popular The Chairman Truck, with those insanely delicious pork belly baos, is rolling up for the first time.

We could easily gush over most the food vendors (read: Blue Bottle Coffee, Tacolicious, Straw, Nombe, Homeroom, 4505 Meats) but we also can’t forget the return of Beer Lands and Wine Lands. Beer Lands will feature 16 breweries — seven of which are local to San Francisco — offering 32 brews, while Wine Lands will see 36 winemakers and 120 wines. Most exciting will be Master Brewer Terence Sullivan of Sierra Nevada pouring a special festival brew, the Outside Lands Saison.

More vendors are expected to be added to the food and beverage lineup. For what’s been announced so far, click here.