An open letter to the DJ at the ARC: a review of “DuFlocka Halftime Show” by Waka Flocka Flame

To whoever is in charge of the music at the ARC,

I am writing to suggest that, for one day, your establishment should simply play Duflocka Rant: Halftime Show, the new mixtape by Waka Flocka Flame, over the stereo. This choice will only improve student fitness.

Sure, Top 40 or whatever gets the blood pumping perfectly fine, but Duflocka Rant is in a league of its own. These songs could power an apartment complex on their own. They feature lots of shouting and gunshots. In fact, eight of the 19 tracks BEGIN with a gunshot or a gun being cocked, similar to a race.

Waka Flocka Flame is also as energetic as a racer. Waka doesn’t rap as much as he shouts, and this keeps the energy at peak levels. Even the ballad, “Red Ferrari,” has Waka singing (more like autotuned speaking) about sex, Ferraris and being turnt up over an ominous melody and 808s while he shouts “SQUAAAAD” and “BOW” in the background (since this is a ballad, however, he does not say those things as much as usual).

I’m not a science major, but I believe this energy will flow directly from the speakers into the blood vessels of anyone working out.

However, the lyrical content may turn people off. Waka Flocka Flame is violent and misogynistic music. There’s a 100% chance of a hundred-man melee erupting in the ARC if you were play this mixtape. He raps about murder, drugs and money. I happen to love music about those things, but I can see that it wouldn’t be everyone’s cup of lean.

Still, it’s fun, energetic music. Waka is the perfect soundtrack to a workout or a party. And the best part? Totally free.

Please consider my proposal. If you do this just once, our student athletes will get so pumped up that the football team would win every bowl game, the basketball team would destroy the Miami Heat and the MLB would admit our baseball team into their league. This isn’t an exaggeration. Just consider it.

Sincerely,

John Kesler

California Aggie

RATING: 4 out of 5

CHECK THIS OUT IF YOU LIKE: Gucci Mane, EDM, gangsta rap released since 2010

DOWNLOAD AT http://www.datpiff.com/Waka-Flocka-DuFlocka-Rant-Halftime-Show-mixtape.484840.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zWwvVs1S_8