Male Athlete of the Quarter: Tyler Raber

As senior Tyler Raber knocked in his final putt at the NCAA Pullman Regional to post his best post-season finish, a tie for 23rd, it concluded the end of his outstanding career at UC Davis.

Raber, who began golfing for the Aggies in 2008, competed in 11 of 13 tournaments and led UC Davis at NCAA Regional with a two-over 218 in his first year. In his second year, Raber was All-Big West Conference Honorable Mention. Raber’s third season as an Aggie was another productive one as he was named All-Big West Conference First Team. He also finished fourth at the Big West Championship.

Before the start of the 2012-13 season, Raber was the only American to advance in the round of 16 at the British Amateur Championship. He was also an individual medalist at the 109th Trans-Mississippi Championship and qualified for the U.S. Amateur Championship.

Raber’s success in his final season included a seventh-place finish at the SCVB Pacific Invitational, a sixth-place finish at the Winchester Classic and an individual fourth-place result at the U.S. Intercollegiate, which helped the Aggie golf team finish fifth overall.

Raber’s hard work earned him a spot at NCAA Regional.

“We’re very honored that Tyler is going to be representing UC Davis at the NCAA’s,” said coach Cy Williams. “He’s an outstanding player, he’s had a great career and he was clearly our best player this year.”

After carding an opening-round 67 and a second-round 71, Raber was in the position to post a solid finish. He eventually tied for 23rd and finished with an impressive 23 birdies.

Raber finishes his career as probably one of the best golfers in the history of UC Davis men’s golf and is worthy of being recognized as the Male Athlete of the Quarter.

— Shaun Moncada