Teen charged for double homicide of Davis residents

On June 18, Daniel William Marsh, 16, was charged for the double homicide of Davis residents Oliver Northup and Claudia Maupin. Marsh was arrested on June 17 and is currently being held at the Yolo County Juvenile Detention Facility without bail. Yolo County officials said Marsh will be tried as an adult.

Marsh faces first degree murder charges and is up against several special circumstances including committing multiple murders, heinous and depraved murder, lying in wait and torture. Marsh was 15 at the time of the homicides and there are no other suspects in the case.

Documents from the Yolo County District Attorney’s office said the murder was, “willful, premeditated and deliberate,” and Marsh used a “deadly or dangerous weapon…a knife.”

Northup and Maupin, longtime Davis residents, were discovered stabbed to death in their South Davis residence at 4006 Cowell Blvd on April 14. Police arrived on the scene because a family member had requested a welfare check after she had not heard from her parents all day.

According to the Sacramento Bee, the Davis Police Department served several search warrants on June 17. Two of the locations were 3306 Lillard Drive, where Marsh’s mother resides and 4018 Cowell Blvd, where Marsh’s father lived.

Marsh’s arraignment is set for June 19 at 1:30 p.m.

— Paayal Zaveri