Daily Cal

Thursday, October 17

Poverty Eradication Student Organization Showcase
11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
West Quad, UC Davis
Oct.17 is the United Nations’ International Day for the Eradication of Poverty, and the Davis Blum Center invites you to a showcase of student organizations that directly address poverty locally and internationally.

Water Entrepreneurship Workshop
2 to 6 p.m.
1213 Gallagher Hall, UC Davis Graduate School of Management
Imagine H2O is co-hosting a workshop with the UC Davis Sustainable AgTech Innovation Center that will highlight opportunities for innovation in the water sector. RSVP online and attend an interactive afternoon of exploring business ventures in food and agriculture that help solve the global water crisis, featuring discussions with industry leaders and serial entrepreneurs.

ITDP: Body of Knowledge
8 to 10 p.m.
Lab A, Wright Hall
Body of Knowledge, presented by ITDP, is a non-traditional performance piece that moves across theater, performance art and visual art to explore ways in which memories are embodied and transformed across time. Audience members will be invited to participate on multiple levels in this experiment that recasts relationships between materiality and memory, and questions whether such a thing exists as a “true story.”

Friday, October 18

Prelude to a Kiss
8 to 10 p.m.
Wyatt Deck, UC Davis Arboretum
Common House Productions and the Friends of the UC Davis Arboretum present this slightly dark, but touching comedy with a whirlwind romance. Tickets are $12 for adults and $10 for students and seniors.

Author Event: Dirty, Sacred Rivers
7:30 to 9:30 p.m.
Avid Reader 617 2nd St.
Attend award winning journalist Cheryl Colopy’s discussion about her new book, which explores South Asia’s severe water crisis. The event is free.

Saturday, October 19

Preview Day
7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
UC Davis
This one-day event is an opportunity for potential students to check out the UC Davis campus and get an idea of what student life is life. The event is free, but online registration is encouraged.

Prelude to a Kiss
8 to 10 p.m.
Wyatt Deck, UC Davis Arboretum
Common House Productions and the Friends of the UC Davis Arboertum present this slightly dark, but touching comedy with a whirlwind romance. Tickets are $12 for adults and $10 for students and seniors.

Sunday, October 20

Emergency Preparedness and Response
1 to 2 p.m.
Davis Public Library, 315 E. 14th St.
Aimee Chen of the American Red Cross will discuss some simple steps for preparing and responding to potential emergencies. The event is free and refreshments will be provided.

Prelude to a Kiss
8 to 10 p.m.
Wyatt Deck, UC Davis Arboretum

Monday, October 21

Pub Quiz (21+)
7 to 9 p.m.
DeVere’s Irish Pub, 217 E Street
Dr. Andy Quizmaster will host his weekly celebration of knowledge, strategy and raucous company. Teams of can have up to six players.

Tuesday, October 22

Salsa Tuesday (18+)
9:30 to 11:30 p.m.
The Graduate, 805 Russell Blvd.
Attend dance lessons at the Grad with Cori from Barbara’s Dancing Tonight. The event is $6.

Wednesday, October 23

Picnic in the Park
4:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Central Park
Shop the Farmers Market and enjoy live blues music from Julie & the Jukes.