Female Freshman of the Quarter: Hilvy Cheung

UC Davis women’s swimming and diving has many reasons to be proud of their consistently excellent performances within the last few years of competition. With a solid group of female swimmers and divers, the team constantly holds their own versus top schools throughout the nation. Adding to the team’s overall success this season was Freshman of the Quarter Hilvy Cheung, who dove headfirst into the pool as an Aggie and established herself as a huge contributor for the squad this past year.

Cheung first established her dominance in October, when she posted the fifth-fastest time in school history in the 200-yard butterfly during the Pacific Invitational Women’s Swimming Meet.

Cheung continued her dominance in the pool throughout the season, breaking multiple school records in several strokes including the butterfly, free, back and medley relay, leaving many of her competitors in her wake.

With accolades ranging from being named the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation/Turbo Athlete of the Week in January to being invited to compete in the 2014 NCAA Division I Women’s Swimming and Diving Championships from March 20 to March 22, Cheung is highly deserving of being named Female Freshman of the Quarter.